PDA

View Full Version : End of the diesel 'burbs?

rgrowan
12-22-2005, 20:53
Are they ever going to put the diesels back in the suburban? Please say yes...

john8662
12-22-2005, 21:36
Every year GM promises that it's working on releasing one, and that it'll be 1-2 years more, and that started back in 2001.

I'm thinking 2007 Models will have a diesel option, mainly due to an expected body style change, that could incorporate the necessary clearance to install the current 6.6 diesel engine into. Only problem with the body style change is, it ain't too pretty to look at on the outside, inside looks nice.

Short answer, I dunno..

If you've got the itch for a Diesel burb now, check out This Article in the Members Area (http://www.thedieselpage.com/members/duramax/dmaxburb.htm)

DA BIG ONE
12-23-2005, 03:50
Find one you like that needs a drivetrain, usually theft recovery, then shoehorn a cummins, or duramax!

DennisG01
12-23-2005, 05:51
A local dealer (a trustworthy one - atleast at far as service goes) told me about 5 months ago that it would definetely be an option for '07. As stated above, when GM re-designed in 2000 there were clearance issues. IIRC both engine and tranny didn't fit. Gotta love those guys that designed that!

That lack of foresight reminds me of a funny little story - if you can bear with me for a minute, I'll tell 'ya!

The high school that I work at has never been able to have "official" swimming competitions because the pool is only 24 1/2 yards long (needed to be 25 yards) - built back in the '20's. Well, when the contractor was told to build a 25 yard pool, he told his guys to dig a 25 yard hole. Yup, you guessed it - by the time they filled the hole with concrete, it was only 24 1/2 yards long! Gee, I wonder if someone lost their job?!? :rolleyes:

BUZZ
12-23-2005, 14:19
When I decide to get rid of my 94 burb, I will replace it with another similar ride. Be it GM or Ford. I really like this current ride, it now has plenty of power on tap and rides terrific.
Buzz