PDA

View Full Version : fuel tank cap

pella4u
05-14-2006, 16:03
I found a nice green fuel tank cap that says DIESEL in large letters at my local Bobcat skidloader dealer. It does not vent either way, in or out. Will this work on a Duramax or not? My dealer could not give me a good answer.

Idle_Chatter
05-14-2006, 17:34
I believe the DMax caps are designed to vent inward only (vacuum break) and I've had to replace mine about every couple of years now to ensure that it still vents (the factory one started giving me start and stall issues and found that the valve was "glitchy" and a new cap solved the problem. With a vacuum draw fuel system, I don't think a non-venting cap is a good idea.

jbplock
05-14-2006, 18:03
As Tom said, under normal operation the Duramax cap vents “in”… However I also remember reading it has a relief valve feature to vent the tank if it becomes pressurized … I would think any cap that fit's our trucks would have this feature .. not hard to test ... (Several years ago I bought a vented Green Diesel labeled cap from a fellow TDP member for my 98 6.5 ... can’t quite remember his name ..was it Dino??? ) …

:)

DMAXED
05-15-2006, 19:01
I have had the bobcat locking green fuel cap on my truck for about a year with no problems yet.