PDA

View Full Version : LLY Boost Guage

AndyU
05-15-2006, 08:32
If I remeber right, the LB7's offered an easy way to install a boost guage without drilling by tapping into a little air hose somewhere. Is there any similar means to install on the LLY? All I can see are references to drilling. Is there anyway to avoid that? What about a guage that taps into the MAP sensor like the Edge Attidude does? Anyone make one like that?

Advice please.

More Power
05-15-2006, 14:43
I don't know of an electronic gauge that taps into an engine harness to retreive boost pressure. However, if you like the Edge Attitude, you'll do well to use their digital monitor to display boost pressure.

Otherwise, tapping into the intake plenum is easy, and there's lots of information out there to show you how to do it, including here in TDP. :)

Jim

AndyU
05-15-2006, 15:31
I don't know of an electronic gauge that taps into an engine harness to retreive boost pressure. However, if you like the Edge Attitude, you'll do well to use their digital monitor to display boost pressure.

Otherwise, tapping into the intake plenum is easy, and there's lots of information out there to show you how to do it, including here in TDP. :)

Jim

I do like the Edge Attitude, I used to have one with my last truck. This time I opted for the Edge EZ and the Attitude doesn't appear to be an option with that. Too bad, they'd probably sell a lot of them.

You wouldn't have a link for info about tapping into the intake plenum would you??

More Power
05-15-2006, 22:40
Sure.. The info is in the most recent Gauge Install (http://www.thedieselpage.com/reviews/gauges2005.htm) article we produced. The LLY boost tap images are courtesy of www.kennedydiesel.com (http://www.kennedydiesel.com) :) You can also find more info on the KD site.

Jim

AndyU
05-16-2006, 05:35
Nice Article! Everything I needed to know right there.
Thanks! :D

kylant
05-17-2006, 07:21
Andy,

Look at Superdiesel.com for the LLY intake manifold. It is as replacement hose with 5 fittings for installing boost, nitrous, or other things. I have one, it work perfect. I did not have to drill and tap for my boost line.

I was in the same situation, I did not want to drill and tap.

good luck

Kennedy
05-17-2006, 10:03
Those manifolds are neat and all, but they add another pair of clamps. I haven't had any hoses blow off yet, but others have on totally stock trucks. The OE manifold is easily removed for drill and tap operations.