PDA

View Full Version : Keyless entry hyper....

Warren96
05-17-2006, 07:41
I have the single button keyless entry on my truck that was installed by the dealer in '94 when i bought it.If I move around the house during the day I notice that the keyless entry keyfob triggers the doorlocks on my truck,to lock -unlock as I move around. My wife's '98 came with the 4 button keyless that works nice -I have even carried her keyfob in my back pocket and it has never been this sensitive.Short of wearing my keychain around my neck, has anyone else had this problem,and what did you do? I am open to any and all sugestions,i'm stumped!

DennisG01
05-18-2006, 05:24
My guess is the button has become sensitive due to years of use. You could check with the dealer to see how much a new one is. Also, maybe it can be programmed to require 2-presses to activate it. The remote entry/starter that I have was originally programmed to require only 1-press. But, the same thing was happening to me so I re-programmed it to require 2-presses in a row. Your other route would be to buy an aftermarket keyless entry (they're very inexpensive). Or, upgrade to a keyless entry/remote start!

Warren96
05-18-2006, 07:42
Thanks for your input,I apreciate any suggestions.I notice you have a '98 you probably have the 4 button remote like my wifes Blazer.I will take your advice and get an aftermarket replacement.

kevin77
05-18-2006, 12:35
I have a two button wireless on my 94' suburban that is an aftermarket. I started having trouble with it too - I bought a replacement and reprogrammed it.

Kevin

Warren96
05-18-2006, 14:26
Kevin: were you able to just replace the remote transmiter,or did you replace the receiver also?

Chris611
05-18-2006, 15:12
One other thing is to check ebay for the FOB. I have bought several and sold some on there. Lots out there. Just make sure you check compatibility. I'm not familiar with the single button FOB. I'm impressed that your FOB will transmit from inside your house. I'm luck if mine will work at 10' let alone through walls.

Good luck
Chris

DmaxMaverick
05-18-2006, 15:18
Another thing to consider is an aftermarket alarm system. Many of them offer features, in addition to the alarm, like programmable keyless entry, remote start, window control, etc. The prices aren't too far off base.

kevin77
05-19-2006, 06:29
I only replaced the transmitter but being an aftermarket unit, it was a bear to reprogram.

It went something like this...

open door,
press valet button 3 times.
press the power unlock
hold down valet button

click your heels three times and say 'there is no place like home...'

Kevin