PDA

View Full Version : What is the Best Chip for the Duramax LB7

homerent@telus.net
05-16-2006, 21:24
Hi:

I have been trying to decide what is the best chip to run in mu 03 duramax Lb7. I have installed an AFE stage 2 intake and a 4" Stainless Magna Flow exhaust. once i changed it i noticed a lot louder exhaust noise, but as long as I drive it consistently I see about a 2-3 MPG increase. Now I am considering the Chip. I installed a temporary Freebie Bully dog temporary download and Holy Crap, did it go. It was also much quieter than the factory settings with the download installed. It Drove like a supercharged sports car. three days later when the download de activated, it was a really noticeable difference and the exhaust noise came back. I suspect this is mainly injection timing. the Truck ran much smoother with the Bully dog download as well.
want to put in a chip with in cab adjustability and built in guages, but cannot seem to find out which chip Bully Dog or Edge is better overall and would give the best fuel economy both empty and towing.

If someone has some tips and comments please add them. Thanks

Tracy Grills, Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Mark Rinker
05-17-2006, 15:35
Tracy -

I moved your post to this forum in hopes that you'll get MORE educated opinions. I haven't run enough to know what is the best, will leave that to others that have run more performance products than I.

BMDMAX
05-18-2006, 04:50
The Edge with the Attitude is a solid performer. They have always met their advertised horsepower and torque gains on the dyno as well.

I give the Edge a shot over the Bully Dog products any day.

Kennedy
05-18-2006, 05:58
I would also like to point out that those who fear warranty issue and "tracks" in their computer had best steer clear of these temporary tuners as THEY will be the most likely to leave distinctive tracks...

Mark Craig
05-25-2006, 14:13
homerent@telus.net,

It's hard to beat the Edge Juice/Attitude on an LB7, lots of HP, gauges, and safety features too. Call us if you have any questions, sometimes the toll free doesn't work in all parts of Canada, try 615-834-0066 if it doesn't.

Mark @ DPPI