PDA

View Full Version : EGT/Boost Guage Install & Quest.

jsmiracle
05-20-2006, 06:15
This past Thursday I installed Isspro's analog EGT and Turbo Boost guages (from JK) on my '05 2500HD. I have some mechanic experience, but no tapping experience and was very nervous tackling the job on my own. The available installation posts here and JK provided tremendous assistance. I am very satisfied with the install and gained valuable experience along the way. Thanks.

I am interested in the EGT vs. mileage scatter plot from MP. My family is towing our 9K lb. TT about 1300 mi. round trip over the Appalachian Mts. in a couple of weeks. The guages should provide much good information over the course of the trip.

Question: Are the guages supposed to be backlit?

Thanks,
Jim M.

More Power
05-20-2006, 13:18
All analog gauges I've installed included bulbs that were intended to be wired into the dash dimming circuit, to provide night time illumination.

Some gauge kits include green/red bulb covers to impart a green or red tint to the light. The 2005 Gauge Update (http://www.thedieselpage.com/reviews/gauges2005.htm) shows the day time and night time illumination of several different brands and styles of gauges. :)

Jim

jsmiracle
05-21-2006, 19:21
Thanks. I will plan to energize the backlights on the guages in the next few days. I posted a couple of pictures of the project on the new photo album.

Thanks again,
Jim M.