PDA

View Full Version : Help no fuel

eembry
05-21-2006, 06:26
I have a '92 6.5 turbo. I am having trouble with it quitting on me after you drive it long enough to get it hot and then shut it off it doesn't want to run. It will usually start but then about the time you pull it down into gear and start to go, it quits like you turn the key off and it is hard to get restarted.I put a new fuel pump (delco) on it last year that is the second one in the last 3 or 4 years . It was doing the same thing when I replaced it last time. I was wondering if there is something that is telling the fuel pump not to pump? Usually when you turn the key off you can hear the pump continue to pump till it builds up pressure but I have not noticed it lately. I don't know if I need to change the fuel pump again or if something else is causing this problem? Also my glow plugs don't come on after you drive it and shut it off for awhile. I thougt they did before. I just replaced the glow plugs about a month ago. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Eddie

Yukon6.2
05-21-2006, 08:38
Hi
Do you know any history on the injection pump? The older mechanical pumps for the 6.5 had a problem when they got hot.A good rebuilder will upgrade to newer parts in the pump which is supposed to cure the heat problem inside the pump.
Next time it happens pour some ice cold water over the injection pump,don't worry about the water it wouln't hurt anything.Then see if it starts.
good luck