PDA

View Full Version : I can't figure out why my power mirrors don't work...

DennisG01
05-21-2006, 10:51
I just bought a set of large aftermarket mirrors and put the driver's side on. I tried the power functions (up/down/left/right) but it didn't work. I looked at the wiring diagram that came with it and it looks like it might be wrong. HOWEVER, I put my original mirror back on and now both driver's and passenger's mirrors do not work. I checked the fuse on the side of the dash (#3) and it was fine - besides, the other things hooked up to that fuse still work. I looked at ALL fuses there and under the hood. All are good.

Obviously I'm going to call the company where I bought the mirrors, but I can't figure out why my stock mirrors don't work. Any ideas?

diesel65
05-21-2006, 14:35
I did this myself
I installed the Cipa extendable mirrors and not knowing I pinched the passenger side mirror harness against the door. The mirrors worked for a couple of days but then the wires shorted. I burnt the power mirror switch, the copper foils inside the switch do not withstand any amount of current pass what the power mirrors would draw, even though there is a fuse.
I had to replace the switch.

jspringator
05-21-2006, 14:41
Neither one of my CIPA extendable mirrors adjust. I guess I did the same thing.

DennisG01
05-22-2006, 08:22
Thanks. I guess I'll order a switch. I really like these mirrors - they look just like the slideout ones on the SuperDuty's. But, I'm not happy that their wiring diagram was wrong!