PDA

View Full Version : Que up interest, ATS 6.2 incomplete Turbo KIt.

john8662
05-22-2006, 13:35
I'm considering selling this turbo kit off my 6.2L

I had this complete kit installed on my '86 6.2 pickup, it made great boost (~13psi on 6.2 fuel system) and had a pretty good spool up (better than the Banks).

The problem with it was the turbo had an oil seal go bad (blowing oil into the intake) and it didn't fit my truck (they don't work well in 2WD trucks).

I'll include everything that I acquired and or made for the setup. Just wanted to see what interest was out there. This is perfect for a truck that is 4x4 and doesn't pull heavy (smaller exhaust housing on turbo, hence the fast spool). Great for that offroad crawler!

So.. Here's what's included.

-Upper pressure plenum w/ air cleaner and custom rubber gasket (buda)
-Exhaust manifold for turbo
-Turbo pieces (T4 turbo, exhaust an compressor housings).
-Valve cover with oil drain fitting already attached!
-3" Downpipe
-First hand installation advice!

What you'll need to come up with:

Oil pressure line to the turbo (get them on ebay, or get one from banks, both work).

Rebuild the turbo, I will provide ALL the parts to the turbo, the turbo is dis-assembled because the turbo shop did that. But, all the turbo parts are CLEAN and ready for the next person to assemble (turbo shop). My exhaust wheel in the old turbo was shot, but a new P trim wheel can be used, or I can sell you mine out of a Banks unit (same stuff), if the price/offer is right.

This system is EASIER to install than a Banks setup! Much simpler, faster spool (.86 A/R housing). But, as mentioned ONLY works on 4x4 models with more clearance.

You could make it work in a 2wd, if you install a modified engine mount bracket (have on hand, just was too much trouble for me to do).

So, if this is appealing to you, lemme know! PM me for more details.

I can't use it, and am not gonna buy a 4x4 any time soon!

Truck
05-23-2006, 15:31
I might be interested. PM me with what you think it would take to get it all together.

Truck

john8662
06-14-2006, 19:14
Pictures...

http://www.thedieselpageforums.com/photopost/data/506/medium/P1010014.jpg

Most of the pieces are pictured, well, except the modified starter heat shield, but is included.

http://www.thedieselpageforums.com/photopost/data/506/medium/P1010007.jpg

Here is the turbo, and, it's in pieces for sure. Cleaned up and ready for new bearings and assemble and balance at your favorite turbo shop, or buy a new center section, either way.

Still have it, had a few nibbles, intersted?

Aaren
10-15-2010, 08:10
how much do you want for everything i got a 91 k2500 4x4 that needs more power, and how much extra power does it give?

john8662
10-16-2010, 11:47
bud, this has been sold a long time ago, i shoulda mentioned that, I'll lock this thread.