PDA

View Full Version : 6.6L Duramax Turbo IHI FS

BoostingIHI
05-23-2006, 11:53
Hello everyone. My second post...YAY! (sarcastic enthusiasm) I have over 1900 posts on www.isuzone.org and 18 positive trader feedbacks under 91 CRAMBURY RS and hate being a noob:rolleyes: you'll notice the IM address and email match. I'm popular over there.:rolleyes:

Anyhow. I joined for TWO main reasons. First, I'll be in the market for a BIG ASS truck this summer to haul around some goodies I'll be buying and to landscape. I wanted to see what real owners think about the Duramax. Second, I have a Turbo in my possession from an 03-04 Duramax 6.6L and thought this would be the best place to offer it to someone desering. I didn't just want to post it on ebay and have some V8 or mustang enthusiast (nothing against FORD or mustangs) when someone in the GM Truck community could put it to practical use.:)

My userID BoostingIHI comes from my little semi-GM that I own. I have 91 Isuzu Impulse RS AWD Turbo that runs an upgraded IHI. I know 14psi and 380CFM isn't squat compared to what yall spool...but I am happy with it:D

Hopefully I'll get this job at the University I already work for and move up. It would eliminate the 40 mile commute I currently endure and allow me to purchase lots of goodies: BIG TRUCK, snowmobiles, car trailer, jet ski and landscape.

So back to the turbo. I'll post pics later. The unit is an IHI from a Duramax 6.6L engine. Has that unique turbine housing that bolts to the top of the engine and accepts the exhaust via TWO inlet ports located toward the rear or side of the unit depending on how you look at it. Unit was obtained from a wrecked vehicle with about 15,000 miles on it. Was rebuilt by a university student in the mechanical engineering department as his course project. so you basically have a like new unit with new internal seals and bearings.

the inlet is a 3-bolt and honestly...looks like a penis. :o I dont make them, just call them like I seem'em. So if anyone is interested it will be available here to yall for about the next week or two. After that, I'll try ebay. I be happy to answer ANY and ALL questions as best I can. I'll pull stock number from the unit tonight and post tomorrow with some pics.

Thanks everyone for your time. PEACOLA!:D

john8662
05-23-2006, 12:46
haha, nice use of comedy for this ad!

Welcome to TDP Forums!

J

BoostingIHI
05-24-2006, 00:02
haha, nice use of comedy for this ad!

Welcome to TDP Forums!

J
:thumb: man 56K loads pics slooooooowly onto photobucket
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c99/villalra/0003.jpg
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c99/villalra/0005.jpg
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c99/villalra/0006.jpg

damn last two pics wouldnt load to my account so here they are resized...

thanks for the welcome John...PEACE OUT:D

DmaxMaverick
05-24-2006, 02:37
BoostingIHI

Welcome aboard!

We have a Photo Album (http://www.thedieselpageforums.com/photopost) on TDP. Easy to use and link photos into your posts. It's open to all registered users of The Diesel Page. Check it out.

I agree with you. Better to see this in a GM Diesel truck.
Are you holding a silent auction, or are you going to post a price?

Thanks for posting it here.

BoostingIHI
05-24-2006, 10:19
i havent even began to fathom a price. i noticed good condition GM-8 turbos go for a couple hundred bucks on ebay. i dont even want to think what this unit would run new or rebuilt. i can tell you what i have into it, but other than that (shrugs shoulders and nods head) i dont know what to tell ya.

i've only seen one unit like this for sale on ebay and it went for like 370 used. i payed 150 for my little itty bitty IHI. the inlet on this thing is about the size of my entire compressor:cool: .

i'll take reasonable offers. i traded a $150 exedy clutch, a used RHB5 IHI Turbo, down pipe and manifold to my Isuzu Impulse, charge pipe and BOV for it. so i'm into it about $350. the engineering student said the rebuild kit was about $100 through the college and that after the rebuild it was balanced and tested upto some rediculous RPM. i blocked it out after he said tens of thousands:eek: . i would happily ship it out for $650.00 to anyone's door step in the good'ol US of A. i dont currently have the inlet, the student that rebuilt it said he'll send it out soon. it's been a week since he said it, so ill get on him. finals are in about 2 -1/2 weeks so i better get him before he leaves for the summer.:D

AGAIN, any reasonable offers welcomed. it's just taking up space and if i mounted it to my 4 banger i would have to use piggyback shocks to keep the front end up:p

BoostingIHI
05-24-2006, 10:26
http://www.usdieselparts.com/category.cfm?Category=887&CFID=4761&CFTOKEN=12571269
wow, i could never find anything under IHI or RHG6 or anything of the sort...i punch in the PN and BAM! 900 for a unit at the link above.

BoostingIHI
05-28-2006, 14:59
BUMP....

$500 shipped or I have to post it on ebay. :(

Have a great weekend everyone.....:cool:

BoostingIHI
06-12-2006, 14:52
BUMP....450 shipped takes it. i just got called for an interview for the job i placed for. one step closer to a new truck! :cool: well, at least an 04:p now, i need to get some $$$ for a good down payment.