PDA

View Full Version : Low Beam Hightmare, need help!

DA BIG ONE
05-24-2006, 07:53
Well, I've been checking why my low beams (both) no longer work and I'm stumped!

Have 14.5 volts at low bulb sockets probed at the 2 terminals, same voltage probed at hot side and ground at radiator support but light bulb will not light.

If I jumper the low beam bulbs to the high beam socket (14.5 volts) the bulbs light up.

Switching hi/low works fine switching two relays on aftermarket headlight harness connected to batteries. Checked relays, even switched em still no low beams even though there is 14.5 volts at socket.

Help, never seen this before!

DA BIG ONE
05-24-2006, 11:10
After last post I took a break, came back to harness and found a short by moving the harness around. Cut out damaged section spliced and everything fine now.

DennisG01
05-24-2006, 12:09
good find on that electrical problem - sometimes they can run 'ya ragged for months trying to figure 'em out!

DA BIG ONE
05-24-2006, 14:42
good find on that electrical problem - sometimes they can run 'ya ragged for months trying to figure 'em out!

I first thought it was the DRL system, but drew a blank there, maybe its my sometimers acting up again.