PDA

View Full Version : 2006 LLY or LBZ which way to go?

lamgar
05-24-2006, 14:05
I am replacing my 03 2500 duramax, and can save around $4000 by buying an 06 with the LLY rather than the LBZ. is it worth the savings? please help!
the LLY has the 6speed allison as well.

DmaxMaverick
05-24-2006, 14:27
Welcome to the Forums!

If you plan on remain at stock power, whichever model suits your needs will be fine.

If you plan to add some power, I'd suggest the LBZ. Transmission programming and behavior is the only reason for my suggestion. An LBZ programmed TCM may get you more power handling ability. Also, it'll come out of the box with considerably more power.

4 Grand is a pretty good chunk to consider. That much $$ could go a long way to compensate for what you need.

hapaschold
05-24-2006, 16:22
welcome !

mine defaulted lbz ordering a slt package. i think that was the only option late this ordering year..least that what i remember dealer telling me.

if ya dont need all the bells and whistles of the slt, then save the 4k and get a lly, a programmer will boost ya fine.

Dannyboy
05-24-2006, 19:59
I was in the same situation two months ago but the price difference was only $2,800 for me. I went with the LLY and I havn't been sorry. I have 3,200 miles on it and the best hand calculated mileage is 19.6 mpg. and the worst so far has been 15.8 (I was hammering it hard that tank). I havn't towed with it yet. I plan on putting a intake, exhaust and a programmer so the power difference wasn't a big deal to me. with either truck You'll LOVE the 6sp Alli, the tap shift is awsome!

Stlheadake
05-25-2006, 12:08
Actually I have the LLY and it is doing me fine. I only have about 1100 miles so far but I really like it. My dad is wanting/needing to supplement his 6.2 which has 230,000 miles on the clock.

We were at the dealer last night, and the dealer was telling him that if he orders the LBZ NEW it would come with all of the 07 emissions controls which would choke it down. He was trying to get him to buy an 06 LBZ.

Does anyone know if the 07 will be 'choked' down with emissions? Will the HP/TQ numbers change with the emissions junk?

hapaschold
05-25-2006, 17:11
from what i ve read, no reduction in power for 07 s.......

but the 06 s probally have some great incentives to buy... i got a 1000 dollar coupon for requesting brochure.....and mentioned of course i was considering gmc to replace ford.........

RADAR
05-25-2006, 17:43
I tow with a 2004 LLY... Plenty of power and no problems...

conway
05-25-2006, 22:38
hapaschold:
where did you get the coupon from?

hapaschold
05-26-2006, 18:23
hapaschold:
where did you get the coupon from?

just go to the gmc website, request brochure info, in comments add your replacing a ferd, within month..........and poof.......1000 dollar coupon in the mail.

just be sure to use your home address, which match s you dl info....dealer gave me little problem being i wanted all info for office address.

coupon is linked to your name and address so dealer can look up little before you received.....will look for program code.....dealer was clueless on extra 1k...