PDA

View Full Version : Obdii Info

denverdale
05-25-2006, 12:21
Anybody know where I can find what information is on what pins of the OBDII
connector. I would like to see if there is sufficient data available to build a trip computer (or at least a MPG computer). My truck is a 2002 model and does not have the trip computer and I find that mpg and fuel used would be useful while towing on extended trips.

Thanks in advance for any information.

Denverdale

BoostingIHI
05-25-2006, 14:08
dealer can pull the wiring diagrams on the spot. if u ask for an ECU pin printout it will cover the entire diagnostic and engine management wiring.

i recommend getting a repair manual from their supplier. they run $40-60 but are well worth it.

heck, i have a Dealer's Parts Manuel for my Isuzu car.:cool: makes it harder for the parts counter to mess things up when u have a PN.

DmaxMaverick
05-25-2006, 19:16
The OBDII pins are databus. Meaning no one pin, or pair, are for any particular function. There are only 2 pins that transfer data. To read anything from the connector, you'll need a scanner of some sort.

JohnC
05-26-2006, 14:48
Basic OBD II is a published standard. Google it on the internet and I'm sure you'll find lots of general information. The trick is interpreting the GM proprietry extensions and the bi-directional stuff...