PDA

View Full Version : Hello and Thank You DieselPage

CedarGrove
05-25-2006, 19:52
Woke up Monday morning and discovered no fire to the glow plugs (83 C10, 6.2). I followed the glow plug troubleshooting guide in the members section and pinpointed the problem straight away (bad ground to wiring harness). I'm so pleased with my small investment and all of the great info I've gotten from reading the forums and the troubleshooting guide. It's been a tremendous resource, and I've only been around for less than a month.

The truck actually belongs to my betrothed, but I've taken a real shine to it. I'm looking around for my own right now. It has dual tanks and we're running straight waste vegetable oil in the auxillery tank with a system from PlantDrive.com. So far so good, but we're still climbing the diesel learning curve. She's actually a good mechanic, so that helps.

Thanks again to all of you for all of the great info.

Lewis

Subzilla
05-26-2006, 05:46
Your small investment will pay for itself again and again. Been a member since 1998 and I have saved a Suburban load of money by having the R&R and troubleshooting guides and the help of all the cool people on the board.

I'm about 2 hours away from you down here in Concord. Maybe we can meet sometime at Stamey's or Keply's for a plate of BBQ and pups.

Let us know if you need something.