PDA

View Full Version : puff the smokey 6.5td

jshunter
05-27-2006, 11:16
:mad: i recently acquired a problem with my 1995 6.5 turbo diesel . the truck was smoking alot while driving and while idleing. it also had a great loss in power , with a tapping noise under excelleration . i took it to service tech and they told me that the #8 cylinder was not working and that the tech determined a knocking sound coming from under the back side of the engine that he heard with a stethoscope . they tell me i need a new engine , i thought it was just bad fuel and a injector . this is not a loud knocking or banging sound , the engine only has 122,000 miles . how can it be shot already . while the truck was idleing the tech took off the oil cap and showed me it puffing smoking from it . is this normal ? this is from a dealerships point of view , them saying i need a new engine or how about a new truck . i need your professional help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ronniejoe
05-27-2006, 11:56
It sounds like the #8 piston has galled and has excessive blow-by. This happened to my first engine at about 65,000 miles. For more information, read the articles in my signature, especiall Part I.