PDA

View Full Version : 328,000 mile Dmax

Mark Rinker
05-28-2006, 07:39
Below is part of an email thread from a gentleman selling a complete, tired LB7 Duramax for rebuild purposes on Ebay. Here is part of the information he passed along to me. I wonder how many more miles he may have gotten if he had used synthetics from day #1, rather than Rotella. Who knows...:

"""my truck had 328,000 on it when the motor was replaced. I lost oil pressure it went below 20 lbs and when I saw that I parked the truck as soon as safe to do so. The shop came out did a check on it and towed it to their shop The Truck Doctor in Science Hill KY. The engine had not been overheated as I make my living with this truck and keep up with my maintenance."""

""" I change my oil and filter every 3000 using rotella or every 7000 when I switched to Amsoil. I also switched to Amsoil in my transmission and differentials transfer case. I change all filters frequently less than what is called for. I run K&N Air Filter as well. My motor had 328,000 when replaced. I have had the trans flushed more than once along with differentials and transfer case. I do alot of maintenance to keep my truck on the road. """

More Power
05-30-2006, 08:42
I wonder if he fuel in oil? This is the most often reported cause of a loss in oil pressure in the LB7.

Jim

DmaxMaverick
05-30-2006, 10:12
I'm curious to know why the engine was replaced. Low oil pressure isn't necessarily reason for replacement. The engine has an oil pressure regulator, as well as dozens of places a leak could occur, dropping the pressure. Anyway, 328K isn't too bad.