PDA

View Full Version : Ask Walmart to carry Mobil 1 Turbo Diesel Oil

tacticaltj
05-28-2006, 15:38
http://walmartstores.com/GlobalWMStoresWeb/navigate.do?catg=221

Mark Rinker
05-28-2006, 21:11
Personally, I'd rather pay more and support my local Goodyear Tire store - so I do. They stock Mobil Delvac for my trucks and use Rotella for all other diesel customers. Better margins.

Walfart only gets my business when all other stores are closed, and I happen to need something after hours. Even then I feel guilty for shopping there.

LanduytG
05-29-2006, 13:49
Wal Mart has coause so many good companies to go out of business. What they do is get in and start buying from them. Then they start to put the screws to them and they can't make any money. Then Wal Mart takes them over and goes off shore. Wal Mart was OK 20 years ago but now they suck.

Greg

tacticaltj
05-29-2006, 17:06
Geez, I didn't mean to open a can of worms here about Walmart. The USA still is a free-market society last I heard, or did I miss something? If Walmart is violating any laws please let us all know.

M

Stlheadake
05-29-2006, 20:13
I'd pay twice Walmart's price and drive 10 miles further to avoid buying ANYTHING from Walmart! I feel the same way about Lowe's. I try not to shop there either! There's one (walmart AND Lowe's) 2 miles away, and I have to drive by it to get to most of the 'other' stores. I HATE THEM and THEIR practices!

Geez, I didn't mean to open a can of worms here about Walmart. The USA still is a free-market society last I heard, or did I miss something? If Walmart is violating any laws please let us all know.

M

It's kind or funny, the US is a free market society. Walcrap apparently doesn't care about the market we do. That's why I shop elsewhere! Sorry, but I can't help you with the support.

WILLYD-MAX
05-30-2006, 14:38
I support Walmart and am not embarrassed to do so. If the libs don't like Walmart then thats a pretty good reason to like them. Just my 2cents.

Mark Rinker
05-30-2006, 14:58
((First, my apologies for hijacking TACTICALTJ's post. You did hit on a hot button from previous posts with your reasonable request to get Mobil 1 at Walmart. Search on 'Walmart' in all forums, and you'll see the lively commentary history...MarkRinker.)

Absolutely nothing to do with liberal or conservative views.

Has to do with fair and non-restrictive trade practices. Placing people before profits.

If that is liberal, then so be it. Its just a label to point a finger at. I am neither liberal or Democrat, conservative or Republican. I am just pro-people and anti-bs.

Kennedy
05-30-2006, 15:14
Add me to the anti-Walmart list. We only end up at Walmart by necessity some times...

tacticaltj
05-30-2006, 19:13
Again, I don't mean to open a can of worms. I just received a e-mail back from Mobil Oil, and they said Autozone will be stocking it this month.

SoTxPollock
05-31-2006, 10:32
You men make me proud to be a member here. Stand up for what you believe in. If we all do we'd all be better off. How did we ever let production offshore not be taxed when it enters this country anyway. Opps, don't let me open a can of worms on this thread. I personally think that none of us minds paying our fair share, we just want to be sure everyone else does too. All that aside, It seems I can document now from several fillups that My truck gets about 1/2 to 3/4 of a mile per gallon better on fuel mileage since using Mobil 1 instead of Rotella. It seems to run freer(is that a word?) more free.

Mark Rinker
05-31-2006, 13:57
I also noticed a slight towing mileage increase with Mobil over Rotella.

10K service intervals require a good oil - only my 2003 is burning any and thats only 1 quart per 1,000.

Interestingly, it gets the best mileage of the two LB7s. Maybe coincidence, maybe its just 'looser'.

SoTxPollock
06-01-2006, 10:29
Mark, are you saying you add 10 quarts if oil between changes? Wow if so I consider that a lot. I don't add anything between 7500 mile changes. Maybe you got one of those lucky ones that rotate the rings around until the gaps line up and starts blowby. Had that happen to me on my Firebird it was blowing so much oil that the air filter was getting clogged when it would recirculate it thru the breather valve. I tore the engine apart found the problem relocated the rings put the engine back together and it hasn't used any since. Yep same rings, but forged pistons. I couldn't resist.

WhiteMax
06-02-2006, 09:41
Since this went off track I will add something. I humbly ask that anyone that cares about this country and or taxes check out www.fairtax.org. It is the best answer and if anyone cares to discuss it I will start a new thread.

REDTRUCK05
06-22-2006, 21:58
Mark, are you saying you add 10 quarts if oil between changes? Wow if so I consider that a lot. I don't add anything between 7500 mile changes. Maybe you got one of those lucky ones that rotate the rings around until the gaps line up and starts blowby. Had that happen to me on my Firebird it was blowing so much oil that the air filter was getting clogged when it would recirculate it thru the breather valve. I tore the engine apart found the problem relocated the rings put the engine back together and it hasn't used any since. Yep same rings, but forged pistons. I couldn't resist.
I owned a 2001 Powerstroke before my 05 Duramax. What I learned about the Powerstroke is that they are engineered to burn some oil, and because of that, they like cleaner oil.

SoTxPollock
06-26-2006, 10:27
Yeah, redtruck05, that 01 powerstroke also used the engine oil pressure to load the fuel injectors so if you didn't keep clean oil in it you had fuel injection problems. They got away from that design with the newer engine. I'm just amazed when I talk to a truthful PS guy how low their fuel mileage is on that 6.0.Sure glad I got the Duramax.

ZZ
06-26-2006, 10:41
Is Mobil 1 available in synthetic at the local stores?