PDA

View Full Version : Does Boost Stick show itself during reprogram?

MikeC
05-28-2006, 21:49
Taking my DMax to the dealer on Tuesday for a reprogram for the "hiccup" worsened with high boost.

The truck only noticably has the problem when the boost stick is present. I was hoping to leave the boost stick on it to have the symptoms show.

Question is this.

Will the dealer be able to tell if I leave it in place?

Thanks,
Mike

Kennedy
05-30-2006, 15:15
The only way you may have issues is if he physically lays eyes on it. Other than that you are good to go.

MikeC
05-31-2006, 14:13
Well, I took the Edge w/ Attitude off and left the boost stick on.

While there for the reflash I asked the service writer that seems the most customer friendly what his thoughts were about adding aftermarket programs/boxes. His opinion is that they "cause more trouble than they are worth."

I also directly asked him if there would be warranty denial issues from him/the dealership if I did buy one and the DMAx came in with it on. He would not give me a direct answer but I got the feeling that there would be issues.

Boy am I glad I took the box off.

I have since reinstalled everything and the hiccup is better but it is still there.

Mike

fire22dirver
06-01-2006, 05:50
Running only a Boost Stick right now and it seems that my "hickups" have gone away. Unsure why but now all seems to fine. Still saving up for exust upgrade before adding a box.

WhiteMax
06-02-2006, 09:45
Mine does the same thing. It's the EGR opening and closing. I believe it only happens when you add a box and the boost stick. I seem to have none of it when running the stock tune. I believe I can send the Diablo in for an update that will ignore the EGR codes and then unplug the EGR. I just need to make the time to be without my tuner.

Tutts
06-02-2006, 19:08
Try adding the EGR blocker plate and a finger stick if required. You will be doing your engine a favor by keeping the soot out too.