PDA

View Full Version : No Boost presure

chestatee
12-24-2005, 13:01
The pressure dropped to 0 and hasn't came on since.Code came up for wastegate switch.I replaced it and checked all its components-the wastegate works fine. How do you determine the turbo charger is working? Or do you have any other thoughts on this matter. 94 chevy HD 2500 6.5 turbo

[ 12-26-2005, 06:19 AM: Message edited by: chestateeridge ]

rjschoolcraft
12-24-2005, 15:31
With the engine idling, can you move the waste gate lever aft with your hand?

It would also help to know what year the vehicle is.

Welcome to board and Merry Christmas.

It would also help if you used the search feature to search old posts on low or no boost pressure.

chestatee
12-26-2005, 08:11
Ron
I can move the wastegate rod 2 inches. My truck is a 94 6.5 turbo HD 2500 chevy,
Thankyou for your interest!
Michael

rjschoolcraft
12-26-2005, 08:47
If you can move the actuator rod while the engine is running, then the actuator system has a problem. Check vacuum on both sides of the wastegate solenoid. At idle, vacuum at the pump should read about 22" Hg. Vacuum at the actuator should read about 15" Hg. If there is no vacuum at the pump, the pump is bad. If vacuum is good there, but no vacuum at the actuator, check for leaks in the vacuum lines going to the solenoid and to the actuator. The solenoid could be bad, but you just replaced that. If the vacuum system checks out, there could be a mechanical failure in the actuator. The rod broke on mine once, inside the actuator can. Hope this helps.

andrew8896
01-09-2006, 20:01
I lost all Turbo about 200 miles from home last summer while pulling my car trailer...

Simple problem and fix though...

Turned out that the cross over exhaust pipe was rusted through and broke... I could hear the a slight leak, but it wasnt that bad, but.. replaced the pipe and everything was back to normal