PDA

View Full Version : my 06 lbz update

hapaschold
06-03-2006, 08:07
just turned 2100 miles. all is good..question thou about a delay/hesitation on a hard acceleration..

when u accelerate harshly from a dead stop or stomp on it to pass someone, seems to be a delay......seems like ya even slow down a bit before taking off.

i thought i saw a post about this, but cant find.

would a programmer get rid of this annoying delay ??

many thanks !! ! ! !

mark45678
06-03-2006, 11:34
My lbz has the same issue , I dont think there is a programer on the market worht buying yet for the LBZ. Having said that I would look at a exhaust system to make the turbo spool up faster, All the new trucks (gm,ford,dodge) need to see air flow before the computer dumps fuel to get you going. So anything you can do to get the turbo spool up faster will help. For now I am going with a exhaust system and waiting for the next wave of programers to be made , low boost fueling is where the most gains can be made to improve this problem.

hapaschold
06-03-2006, 13:18
i found this on ebay, 5" exhaust with cat delete.......i m azzuming that s take the cat out..... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8070391505&fromMakeTrack=true

any thoughts on a new intake air filter to help also ? i was thinking k&n or other.........

David Proske
06-04-2006, 17:38
Yeah my 06 lbz does this too. Kinda scary when you need to merge into traffic quickly. Am waiting for the LBZ Predator.

mark45678
06-04-2006, 17:56
If you have a federal spec truck you may poss get away with a "Cat test pipe" but if you have a CAli / New England emissions you will throw codes for EGR low flow.... KD diesel has things you can install to fool the ECM but you still have issues with some dealer when you remove the cat. I am looking at a cheap MBRP 4" system , most 5" systems you cant run a spare tire. I dont feel theres much gains with the 2006 air filter , if huge compared to the older trucks !