PDA

View Full Version : 1994 compatible IP needed real soon.

2tough2park
06-06-2006, 15:08
A friend wants to buy my truck and I offered to replace the pump to make the deal. I don't mind changing it for him to make the deal, but I need a replacement. Must be compatible with a 1994 K3500 auto. A high mileage unit is fine as long as it did not have any code problems when pulled. My pump looks to have been rebuilt already so it's not worth tearing into. Reman units are too much. I can get by just fine with a nice working replacement, I just need one first. If anyone is parting out a running 6.5TD that can help, lemme know. Thanks.

john8662
06-06-2006, 15:25
ID the pump that you have installed first, this will tell you what you will need to replace it with. If the pump is a 5068 or 5067 pump then you will probably have to replace it with the same. If it's a 5288 or 5521, etc. then you can pretty much buy any DS4 and replace it with.

2tough2park
06-06-2006, 16:17
ID the pump that you have installed first, this will tell you what you will need to replace it with. If the pump is a 5068 or 5067 pump then you will probably have to replace it with the same. If it's a 5288 or 5521, etc. then you can pretty much buy any DS4 and replace it with.

Will a Hummer pump work? I've found someone with a Hummer pump and am getting the pump ID from it now. I'll find small mirror to get the pump ID off my truck tomorrow.

john8662
06-06-2006, 18:47
if it works you're sending me part of the profit right? :D

j/k

A Hummer pump (as long as it's mechanical, watch out) will work, same 6.5.

2tough2park
06-07-2006, 14:00
if it works you're sending me part of the profit right? :D

j/k

A Hummer pump (as long as it's mechanical, watch out) will work, same 6.5.

Well, don't plan early retirement yet. As luck would have it, I have a 5068 and the hummer pump is a 5521. I guess I'll keep looking.
But I need one within the next, say, three weeks.

john8662
06-08-2006, 11:20
This could get hairy...

Call a dealer and have them run your vin and see. Maybe they have a mechanic there that knows 6.5's well. I don't know for sure if the 5521 won't work, but that was the general rule on the 5068 stuff. There is an updated prom chip that can be used in the 94's to get the later pumps to work.

Good luck finding a 5068, they're a little bit of a needle in a haystack.

I've got one, but it's likely no better than the one you're playing with, going to use it for a custom pump project.

dieseldummy
06-08-2006, 20:12
I see them on ebay from time to time. Supposedly rebuilt for $425 or something like that. Hope this helps.

2tough2park
06-10-2006, 16:19
Yea. I HAD one. It was right in front of me. But I let it go like a stupid 'tard. Let's hope I get another chance. So are there any pumps compatible?? I saw there is a 528x one as well. I"ll just have to jump on the next one I see.

restoguy
06-11-2006, 12:37
[QUOTE=john8662]...... There is an updated prom chip that can be used in the 94's to get the later pumps to work......QUOTE]

Hold the phone! Please give me some more info on this chip and where I might be able to come up with one. I've got a '94 with this issue as well. Sorry for hijacking this tread, but.......

2tough2park
06-12-2006, 14:30
[QUOTE=john8662]...... There is an updated prom chip that can be used in the 94's to get the later pumps to work......QUOTE]

Hold the phone! Please give me some more info on this chip and where I might be able to come up with one. I've got a '94 with this issue as well. Sorry for hijacking this tread, but.......

Don't worry, you ain't hijacking. I'd like info on that chip as well. My buddy just paid for the truck. All I have to do now is change out the ip. A later one would make things soooo much easier......

2tough2park
06-12-2006, 14:49
This could get hairy...

Call a dealer and have them run your vin and see. Maybe they have a mechanic there that knows 6.5's well. I don't know for sure if the 5521 won't work, but that was the general rule on the 5068 stuff. There is an updated prom chip that can be used in the 94's to get the later pumps to work.

Good luck finding a 5068, they're a little bit of a needle in a haystack.

I've got one, but it's likely no better than the one you're playing with, going to use it for a custom pump project.

Hold the train! Backstory-I bought two ip's off ebay a couple years ago to study the old stalling code problem. They've been in a box since then. Just for the heck of it, I pulled them out to check the tags. Low and behold, one is a blue tag 1995 dated 5067 pump. Would that work?????? It's complete and has been stored with port plugs. The pmd I"m sure is no good, but I can swap off the one currently on my truck as it's had no problems since I bought it. Where can I find ip rebuilding services?