PDA

View Full Version : 6.5 Fuel Injector Lines that bolt to Intake-Question ???

bigjim
06-07-2006, 17:03
i have a 1996 and its missing some of the injection pump hold down clamps that bolt to the intake.

I called chevy and ordered new hold down clamps and rubber isolators. they told me that these are an updated style and you cant get the old style.

Question- I dont see how these work ? anybody installed these ?

thanks, jim

diesel65
06-07-2006, 18:10
The new style does not anchor the lines to the intake manifold bolts, they are of a clam shell design, You snap it over two parallel lines and then using a pair of pliers snap the cover close.

More Power
06-07-2006, 21:33
The "new" style line clamps are so much nicer than what was used previously.... You can R&R the intake manifold without disturbing the clamps for one, and it saves quite a lot of time during install/removal.

The plastic snap-on clamps are what we used on the 6.5 Project injector fuel lines when the engine went together in 1999.... The only draw-back is if you need to remove them after they've been in place for some length of time. Time and heat will likely cause them to break if they're removed. But, they're cheap and easy to replace... :)

Jim

john8662
06-08-2006, 14:09
Got the part number for the updated pieces?

My GM dealer always cringes when they see me, cause they know they'll be looking for some obscure 6.5 DIESEL part (they HATE diesels)... Easier when they have the numeros...

I took apart a 96 engine recetly that had them on it and I like the idea. So much that I just ditched the plates on both the 6.2 rigs in preparation for installing those.

I hate those metal line holder things.

bigjim
06-08-2006, 15:31
the clamps i have are metal and have a set screw,not plastic / snap
but they are a clam style clamp.