PDA

View Full Version : code's 35 and 78

Artworks
06-08-2006, 20:02
had stalling problems last Sat. and spent morning cleaning ground cables and checking things out. all i could get was code 12. Now, tonight I checked out codes after haveing truck stall this mornign couple times and restarted, I got codes 35 and 78. Any suggestions on where i should go from there ?

kevin77
06-09-2006, 06:10
I'm pulling the same codes (35 and 78) 35 is injection width pulse short and 78 is the wastegate selenoid fault. I have replaced the vacuum pump, vacuum lines and wastegate selenoid. I'm also tracked the circuit back to the ecm to check for a short. Because of my current project (house addition) I havn't done more chasing but the fact I am getting both codes makes me think this might be an electrical gremlin. Oh - I replaced my injector pump 5,000 miles ago too.

Kevin

Artworks
06-09-2006, 16:11
I replaced lift pump and the relay couple weeks ago. I am checking out my batteries and connections now, one battery seemes low, ( 12.5 volts, other is 12.9 warm) Have cleaned most grounds and checked continuity of cables. I think could be FSD, but replaced it 35, 000 kl ago and it is on a beta cooler, so it be the last thing i'll do ( @$500 cdn) and if i do, will get an extension harness and mount it in a cooler local.

Bnave95
06-10-2006, 04:31
Artworks
Doing a good cleaning on the elect. is always a good ideal. A fsd beta mounted cooler on the intake,35k is a life spand that is about all you'll get. FSD will take of your problem.
Been alot of talk on the code 35 issue and a search on this will give you alot of understanding.

moondoggie
06-10-2006, 06:57
Good Day!
Code 35: You might want to look at DTC 35 - Help! (http://72.22.76.69/tdpforum/showthread.php?t=22757) (Click in colored text).
I mounted the FSD that came on my pickup (80K miles) on the then-best location on a plate with a BIG heat sink above & to the drivers side of the intake. Both the original & a subsequent replacement part failed. I then bought an extension harness from Kennedy & mounted the FSD/heat sink behind the driver-side headlight, in front of the battery (thanks for the great idea, RJ). I've got a hunch this might be one of the better places to mount it.

Blessings!

Bnave95
06-11-2006, 04:46
Good Day!
Code 35: You might want to look at DTC 35 - Help! (http://72.22.76.69/tdpforum/showthread.php?t=22757) (Click in colored text).
I mounted the FSD that came on my pickup (80K miles) on the then-best location on a plate with a BIG heat sink above & to the drivers side of the intake. Both the original & a subsequent replacement part failed. I then bought an extension harness from Kennedy & mounted the FSD/heat sink behind the driver-side headlight, in front of the battery (thanks for the great idea, RJ). I've got a hunch this might be one of the better places to mount it.

Blessings!
There you go;)