PDA

View Full Version : Electric problem - need help

akrockhound
06-10-2006, 22:49
On the same day I noticed remote door lock/unlock fob on my keychain stopped working (key #2 doesn't work either) and the electric window, door lock and electric mirrow adjust quit working on my passenger door (can't electrically work these from the passenger door or remotely from the driver's door).....the turn indicator in the passenger mirror is still working so it doesn't seem to be a broken wire bundle. Mirror, electric windw and door lock in driver's door work fine from the driver's door controls.

I did a visual on wire connections - nothing obvious
I checked the owners manual fuse section - only one fuse (breaker?) that said anything about the passenger door but it has continuity.

Can't find anything in the fuse section that mentions anything about the remote key-fob.

This is wierd.

Anybody heave any ideas????

More Power
06-12-2006, 22:49
Open the front passenger door, and you'll see a triangle shaped access panel on the outside end of the dash. Beneath that panel you'll find a series of electrical connectors plugged into a rectangular block. One of those connectors is for the passenger door electricals. Check to see whether all of the connectors are fully seated.

Jim

akrockhound
06-13-2006, 10:13
Won't have access to truck until Thursday but will try this.

If this turns out to be the fix then what is preventing my remote door lock from working?

Neither of the Key#1 or key#2 fobs will lock or unlock the doors.

Since all of these symptoms happened at the same time I thought they might be related.

If the key fob is a separate issue is there a fuse or circuit breaker for the wireless recieve module that senses the wireless signal from the key fob?

I can't find anyting in the owner's manual fuse diagrams that mentions anything vaguely related to the keyless entry.

akrockhound
06-21-2006, 16:58
This turned out to be the passenger door module (PDM).

It had gone into the sleep mode and required re-programming.

Tech said sometimes momentarily pullling the 10 A fuse (driver's side fuse box), or disconnecting the batteries will reset the PDM but it did not work for me.

They charged me for 1 hr to reporgram.

My extended warranty said they don't cover programming.

Odd as it seems to me, the wireless entry issue was part of the same problem. Remote door lock/unlock (from the key fob) does not work when PDM is "sleeping".

Go figure.

More computers in our car means more of this kind of downtime