PDA

View Full Version : Allison Limp Mode

bkelley112
06-10-2006, 23:56
The other day I was driving home from work and when I slowed to make a turn into a parking lot the transmission downshifted funny. When I went to back into a parking spot I had no reverse. 1,2,3 were no good either. It would only drive in 3rd gear. Luckily I was close to home. I dropped it off at the dealership they have been working on it for two weeks now with no luck. They have even called GM's service line for help. I got a message friday that they are replacing the transmission and it should be done next week. I don't know what codes were posted. I have an '02 crew cab. I know the codes would help but I didn't know if anyone else has experienced the same problems.

More Power
06-17-2006, 13:29
What's the service history? Would be a big help to know what codes were set. Your dealer should have DTC code info listed on the Service Order.

Jim

bkelley112
06-22-2006, 07:13
I have not seen the service write up so I am not sure what codes were posted. I dropped it off at the dealership and then had to leave the country for work. I know they ended up replacing the transmission. I guess I will see how it drives when I get back. Its parked in the driveway now.