PDA

View Full Version : LLY Died PLease Help!!!

chadc30
06-11-2006, 19:21
When I started up my 04.5 LLY yesterday it ran for a few seconds then died. The truck was warmed up and had been running fine. Engine cranks over but won't start. Scanned for codes and found nothing. Diesel filter is new and I tried priming to no avail. Checked fuses and all seemed ok. Any Ideas would be much appreciated before I take my truck down to the stealer. I have been watching the forum for several months and all the info you have provided has been extremely helpful. Thanks!!

2004.5 Chevrolet,CC Dmax LLY 38k miles

Mark Rinker
06-11-2006, 19:51
If it cranks, and assuming it has compression at 36K miles, it can only be out of fuel.

With no codes set, I'd start looking for fuses relating to the injection pump.

chadc30
06-13-2006, 16:25
Thanks Mark, I added a couple of gallons even though the gauge showed more than an 1/8th, tried fuses and primed again with no luck. The stealer calls me at work and tells me truck start up just fine, fuel pressure is ok, can't find any codes. That will be $95 dollars please. I guess I'll just cross my fingers and hope it doesn't happen again with trailer and gear in tow. Thanks for the help.

ledfoot777
06-13-2006, 17:27
We just had such an occasion.
The problem was a broken wire in the throttle position switch loom. The people at Santa Rosa Chev found it in short order, no Rpl. loom was available so the Tech. pulled our loom opend it and replaced the broke wire!! Very professional performance right down to guage, color, & trace with very neat solder joints, We were back on the road in a day and a half including half a day waiting for and on the hook!! and they washed the truck they earned 5 starrs!!
Joe S. Schreier SAE/NVH Ret.

SPECIAL BE ACVISED!!
We Had to have our GMC 2004/5 towed all the way from Cobb CA to the Chevrolet Agc in Santa Rosa CA. Hundreds of uncalled for $$$.$$!! The Chevrolet Agc. in Lake port, CA (GENERAL MOTORS ONLY LOCAL REPRESETATIVE) WOULD NOT EVEN TAKE A LOOK AT OUR IN WARRANTY COMMERCIAL CLASS TRUCK.
PS
The Good Sam AC paid the tow bill.

carco
06-14-2006, 17:13
I have had my LLY start and die shortly several times, has always been air in filter assy and high pressure system. Have always been able to bleed, rather hand prime pump the filter assy, all ok. Usually in spring and usually after hard pull or long run shut off, then restart and die. I also have a CAT prefilter that I believe helps seperate the air from fuel, added low pressure transfer pump to eliminate problem. May be a stretch to be same prob as yours but,, no codes , could not find anything???, may have been air and was just hard to get primed through system. bob...................