PDA

View Full Version : Bullydog Allison Shift Enhancer

ih1466
06-12-2006, 20:08
I have a 01 D-max with 65k on it and I am thinking about putting the Edge Juice on it. I am wondering if I should or should not do it. I think I would feel better with the Bullydog shift enhancer that ups line psi. I did a search here, but did not find much about it. Has anybody tried it? What do you think about it. I pull IH tractors and I know uping the hyd psi will save your T/A big time, for those of you that know what all that means. Is the new Allison better than my 01? I have read here that the Allison is good for another 90hp and 200tq. I have read other places saying 500hp and 900tq in stock form. I do pull around 18k-22k so I do know I would not be able to tow above 1 or 2 on the edge. Yet I sure would like to blow off cars when empty in level 4. Is level 5 safe at all on the tranny? Well back to uping the line psi. My brother has a Buick Regal with the blower. Everything he has read about performance is to get the tuner that you can up the line psi. They say the tranny will last 10 times longer. A would appreciate any input on the shift enhancer or the Edge Juice.

Thanks

Jake99Z71
06-13-2006, 16:04
Don't use the BullyDog Shift Enhancer. This has been tested and doesn't work well. The Transgo shift kit is worlds better. But you will need a new Torque Converter if you start running the Edge on the high side for long. You will also need a new stator bushing or your TC will fail early. This part was known to fail on 2001-2002 Allisons.

mark45678
06-26-2006, 18:13
with the weight your towing with a 2001 truck stay on the low side of the power adder! most 2001 trucks can deal with 50 hp over stock with big loads.

Melvin P. Thorpe
06-28-2006, 08:25
I have been using the Edge w/Attitude controller for 75,000 miles and would not go back to stock. Love the Edge and keep it in power level #2 all the time except when blowing off a snot nose kit in a BMW in power level #5. When they are on my right side with the window down pounding out rap noise I just love filling the car with black smoke. Yahooo!!!