PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 JK Exhaust = Huge Pyro improvement!

BrentN
06-13-2006, 12:41
I know for many I am preaching to the choir, but I have to say just how much improvement I saw in my exhaust temps after installing JK's 3.5in exhaust this weekend!

Driving down the road ~65mph, I would be at 450-500f, depending on the day.
Now, it sits at or below 300f! Around town, I am easily under 300.

When I used to put my foot to the floor, I could easily spike 900, more certainly with the trailer on...now, it doesnt break 450-500 when I stomp it to the floor!!! Have to wait until the weekend to put the trailer behind and see what it does.

The turbo seems to be far snappier and I hear it more now...especially with the windows open. It is a little throatier and you can hear a bit of a whine/whistle from the turbo, but my wife doesnt mind it..

I took the cat to the humane society too...I am a dog person. I also cant believe how much restriction from crimps and bends that were in the OEM system. WOW...GM could have probably solved a lot of #6 & #8 failures by stepping up to a better exhaust sooner.

It seems to be more responsive overall, but I dont have any data to support, just a seat of the pants feel. Its just a few seconds from 0 to 60, I will have to get the stopwatch out...Although, I never measured before the change.

Now I have to finish installing my other recent purchases from Dan (the gentleman that put the Cummins into his truck this past winter). I picked up his auxilliary trans cooler and his PMD cooler (as well as reinstalling my boost fooler- I took it off before the exhaust change just so I would have a stock baseline to look at)..

Hopefully I will get all of them done this week. Heading to the Grand Canyon at the end of the month.

I sure am glad I finally got the exhaust in. Should have done it sooner, its going to make a huge difference in towing as well!