PDA

View Full Version : Viair 550 or MAXair 4.0?

redvette33
06-18-2006, 11:11
Wasn't sure if this was the right section to post. Does anyone previously owned one of these or both to give a comparison on reliablility? I have a Viair 550 mounted under the bed of my 03 crewcab dually and since this compressor isn't sealed I think it is the reason that it quit working. It was purchased new in 03-04 and should of lasted way longer. Question is should I purchase another of these to put in same place and fab a box around it with a filter to let in air and heat out or go with the MAXair which I haven't heard much about?

moondoggie
06-27-2006, 07:43
Good Day!

"Viair 550 or MAXair 4.0?" What are these? Maybe we can help you out when we know what these are.

You might want to click on "Quick Links", then "Edit Signature", & let us know what year, model, equipment etc. truck you are talking about. It's handy, because you don't have to remember to do it, it shows up at the bottom of all your posts automatically. :)

Blessings!

redvette33
06-27-2006, 14:55
These are hardmount compressors for train horns and such. my viair 550 took a crap and was wondering about the maxair 4.0 or if anyone has used this one?

Robyn
08-01-2006, 07:32
Get the little beastie into a place thats clean and filter the air to it.
I am usuming its electric?