PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a working ECM I can borrow?

Randee of the Redwoods
01-01-2006, 12:00
I think my computer is bad. Replacements actually aren't very expensive, but I'd like to try spare before I commit to the purchase. It needs to be compatible with a 94 K3500/automatic/4x4. Some stuff has corelated(sp) lately while I've been doing some electrical work and the computer has come into my sights. There's a connection between when I started having this problem and when I last handled the computer which was back when I was working on the blower motor. Soooooo, that's where I'm heading.

markrinker
01-02-2006, 09:24
I may have my stock 1994 chip for the ECM(auto/K3500) lurking around somewhere in the chaos that is my garage. Haven't seen it in awhile, however, which concerns me.

Do you need just the chip, or the entire box (ECM)? I would only have the chip...

[ 01-02-2006, 09:07 AM: Message edited by: Mark Rinker ]

Randee of the Redwoods
01-04-2006, 13:35
I'll actually have to cancel this request for now as more thought into my problem has led me to ruling out the computer. Whatever the problem is, it shuts down the ENTIRE truck. Just the computer would not cause dim dash lights and nonfunctional door locks. I will keep you in mind, though. Thanks for the thougth.