PDA

View Full Version : Loss of prime

sky.high
06-21-2006, 14:44
I

More Power
06-21-2006, 20:35
A fuel tank cap that is holding excessive vacuum can cause this, or make an air entry problem worse. Try loosening the cap as a trial.

Some have tried pressurizing the fuel tank with 5-10 psi, then wait and look for a fuel leak to develop somewhere in the fuel supply line. It could take several to many minutes for a leak to appear, so be patient. Fitting a fuel tank cap with a pressure fitting makes this easy to do. Just don't use more than 5-10 psi or you could rupture the tank with too much pressure.

Jim

Kennedy
06-21-2006, 21:04
Putting your fuel supply system under pressure with a lift pump is definitely a good idea, They are beneficial in many ways and not just for performance...

sky.high
09-05-2006, 15:26
Glory be, it's fixed!

My dealer pressurized the tank as suggested by 'More Power' and sure enough a pin hole leak was discovered in a rubber fuel line. It was acting like a one way valve letting air in but on sign of fuel till the tank was under pressure.

Chev also pickup the bill less a small excess, after 5 years of will it, won't it, start I can now crank with confidence :D