PDA

View Full Version : Oil everywhere???

Riverholic
06-22-2006, 21:12
So I was beginning my trip today when about 20 mins into the drive I noticed my oil pressure gauge was reading low(20-30 psi). So I stopped and checked the oil level and it was fine. Nonetheless I decided to turn around and not risk driving accross the desert. When I got home my whole under carriage is dripping with oil. Does this sound like a possible main seal failure?? Oh yeah my truck is 02' LB7 with about 110k on it. Thanks

DmaxMaverick
06-22-2006, 21:26
Nope. Not the main seal.

Injectors, most likely. Possibly a return line leak. Check your oil again. Look at it very closely and smell it. Probably really thin and smells of #2. The extended injector warranty should cover it, though.

cowboywildbill
06-28-2006, 04:19
Well, what did you find out? I hope it is taken care of by GM.

Riverholic
06-28-2006, 23:59
Well just as was mentioned before it was the injectors. I am picking it up tomorrow so I will see exactly what they replaced. Right before all this happened I had a SES light and it ended up being caused by the glow plug controller so they replaced it. Now my question is since GM is picking up the tab on the injectors, would getting a secondary fuel filter(kennedy diesel makes a nice one I hear) help prevent this from happening again?? Once again thank you so much for your responses!!!! They are much appreciated!!!!!!!