PDA

View Full Version : truck loosing power

bwoody
06-23-2006, 19:59
Today i was hauling 3 horses pulling up a hill, and i pushed the pedle down, truck seemed to loose power and slowed down to 55 mph, was goin 70. SES light came on then truck slowed to 25 mph, i pulled over and let it sit for awhile and then i was able to go again. It did the same thing, you could floor the foot pedle and it wouldnt go any faster than 25. I didnt have my edge hooked up, and the fuel filter only has about 1000 miles on it. I dont know what code it set im going to try and figure that out tomorrow. Any ideas??? forgot to mention that all 8 injectors were replaced last week.

thanks

DmaxMaverick
06-23-2006, 20:27
A number of things come to mind, but I'd wait for the code before guessing.

When I had all 8 injectors replaced on mine last year, the return line cracked and I didn't know about it until I was 100 miles from home, 1 week later. That was fun.

bwoody
06-24-2006, 07:08
code thrown P0093 large fuel leak detected. Fuel pressure regulator was replaced 4 years ago, and injectors were replaced 2 weeks ago.

DmaxMaverick
06-24-2006, 09:43
That code could be a number of things, including a plugged fuel filter. A fuel restriction gage would be very helpful at this point. Try changing the filter and repeat. It is possible you got a slug of junk in the fuel. If it clears up, then comes back after a while, I'd suspect fuel quality. If a new filter doesn't help, get it back to the dealer. When I had my return leak, they said the bulletin didn't cover that, and it was on me. I said it didn't leak before the injector change, so something must have been damaged or improperly installed during the injector change. They covered the repair.

Good luck