PDA

View Full Version : DTC code 404 &406

polejockey65
01-03-2006, 16:19
Hello again to all.Its been awhile since my last post but I need some help again. I just replaced my waste gate seliond valve with the green dot on the top then reset the computor and now i get a 404 and a 406 says egr flow, sensor A, circut high input code? any help would be great or where to start looking? thanks.
Brian

de_lok
01-04-2006, 21:27
polejockey65
I recently had a similar problem in the last couple weeks with code 406. I made two post here you can read for more info. The big lesson I learned was to purchase (30 bucks @ autozone) a vacuum gage and test the vacuum. Test the pump, it needs at least 20 inches of vac at idle. Tee'ing in at different places can also help isolate vac hose leaks. Look at my other post "DTC code 406" and read the helpful tips others posted.
I wound up replacing the vacuum pump and all my troubles went away! You mentioned you replaced the wastegate valve? Could it be it didnt have enough vac to operate it? Hope this helps. smile.gif

polejockey65
01-29-2006, 16:55
hello to all,

i replaced the vac pump yesterday and have not had a new code yet thanks for the help again!
Brian