PDA

View Full Version : Injector Pump Death Rattle??

Stratosurfer
06-28-2006, 20:49
I have a 97 Tahoe w/6.5 and only 37,000 orig miles: this was a govt. vehicle. I have the GSA records and they are meticulous on the maintenance, but I notice the truck is on the original pump. Just recently it has begun to run rough at the lower rpms. I seems as though to have a slight miss. It idles and okay and runs fine at higher rpms. Is this the pump beginning to give up the ghost, or the PMD possibly.
Any feedback appreciated.
Thanks
Mark B. Magee
Brady TX, USA
98 Diesel Sub
97 Tahoe 6.5TD 'Govt. Model"

DA BIG ONE
06-29-2006, 04:55
I have a 97 Tahoe w/6.5 and only 37,000 orig miles: this was a govt. vehicle. I have the GSA records and they are meticulous on the maintenance, but I notice the truck is on the original pump. Just recently it has begun to run rough at the lower rpms. I seems as though to have a slight miss. It idles and okay and runs fine at higher rpms. Is this the pump beginning to give up the ghost, or the PMD possibly.
Thanks
Mark B. Magee
Brady TX, USA
98 Diesel Sub

Is it throwing codes, if so, what codes?

If it was pump I would assume it would not run better at upper rpms.

Stratosurfer
06-29-2006, 05:49
I suppose I'm a newbie, I don't have a code reader. Any suggestions as to which one is the best value? I'll be picking one up directly.

Bnave95
07-02-2006, 06:30
Thanks
Mark B. Magee
Brady TX, USA
98 Diesel Sub
These vehicle do most of there time at slow speeds. Think,a 97 with 37K.
I would use a good fuel addative (power service,gray bottle at 6oz a tank)and just run it,I'll bet it will clear;)

Bnave95
07-02-2006, 06:33
I suppose I'm a newbie, I don't have a code reader. Any suggestions as to which one is the best value? I'll be picking one up directly.
Getting a code reader for your OBII computer is not for the small guy. If your SES (Service Eng. Soon) light does not come on then your Ok;)