PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Truck Rumors?

kburati
06-29-2006, 05:26
Any rumors floating around? Other than the revamped Body Style and 2007 Diesel emmissions? If not I'll start some (these have absolutely no validity to them but it'd be nice if they did)

Higher GVWR to compete with Ford's new GVWR numbers. Personally I don't think the truck need more but if GM upped the GVWR on the 2500HD maybe that will finally be the end of the silly 6.5" width rims and 245 tires. I don't like Ford trucks but the newer models look a heck of a lot nicer with 17" and 18" aluminum rims and 33" tires.

Anyone have any real news on the 2007 trucks? How about the 2007 Classic, any idea when pricing will be revealed on those? Seems like it's taking forever. Probably due to the fact that dealers lots are loaded with 2006 trucks right now.

O&A party rock
06-29-2006, 19:00
I just ordered (3) 2500HD 2WD with the power package (LBZ and 6-spd Allison) for the company I work for largely based on what we have heard is happening next year. The new epa guidelines, or whatever you want to call them will require large catalytic converters and additional filters (increased maintenance) on the engines. The power output is also going to be lower. This goes into effect in January of '07. I spoke to a ford salesman who said ford is manufacturing all of the diesels for their '07 model year pick-ups in '06 to avoid having to make their changes until the '08 model year. That same ford guy said for the changes the displacement was going up some and the power was most likely going down. The prices for the new emissions engines will go up also, 2-5k from what I've heard.

Now you are probably wondering where I heard all this. Different salesmen, who I happen to trust since we buy a fair amount of vehicles from and they have never steered us wrong in the past. Ask around for yourself and add to the post. It is very interesting. We weren't planning on buying these 3 trucks until next year, but once I got wind of all of this, we decided to buy now and not pay the potentially higher costs and more importantly not be the guinea pig with the new technology. One other thing was the spike in lead time. We started kicking around the 3 trucks and spec'ing them out about 3 weeks ago. We ordered about 10 days ago. The delivery time jumped from 10 to 18 weeks in that short span, with what the dealer said was a bit of a 'rush' to get the last of the LBZ's before you can no longer order them without the new emissions equipment.

...Just my opinion...

Jesse

kburati
06-30-2006, 08:30
My dealer is getting back to me mid next week so I'll post when I have more details. I'm surprised at the 18 week delivery time though! 4.5 months for a new truck? I assume you ordered the 2007 Classic and not the new body style targeted for 2007? I would think that production on the 2007 Classic would cease by the end of September at the latest?

mark45678
07-04-2006, 18:19
one out of a thousand sales reps know what they are talking about when it comes to the current model year.... If you think those guys / gals are going to tell you anything that is usefull on next years models , I have one last piece of swamp land I can make you a deal of a life time on !

Kennedy
07-04-2006, 20:14
I've got plans for a 2007 Classic myself. What I find confusing is color options. I swear that Sandstone was not available in 2006 yet I saw a 2006 color chart that listed it. I now see it in the 2007 Classic brochure...

O&A party rock
07-05-2006, 18:15
First, I didn't read your original post correctly and proceeded to type my rantings about the emissions for next year when you asked for advice other than that, then threw in what my salesman told me about the 16-18 week delivery. I seemed to miss the boat on everything. Turns out that his 'commercial alotment' was given more build slots and my 3 trucks will be built the last week of JULY, I should see them in about 4-5 weeks, meaning the lead time at the time of order was about 8 weeks. I don't think he lied to me intentionally, regardless, new trucks on the way!!!

Is the GVW still 9200# for the 07 2500HD 2WD? Just curious. I think I have an '07 brochure at the shop I will bring home to fill in any blanks.

Jesse

More Power
07-06-2006, 09:54
I was told by someone who actually knows that power will not be affected by the 07 emissions. We'll have to learn to deal with soot traps, but I suspect its use will not be a big deal. I also suspect salesmen are using fear of the 07 models to increase their 06 sales. This time next year, we'll all be saying "what was the big deal?", and the "classic" styling will be harder to move on the used market.

Jim

Kennedy
07-06-2006, 13:22
At present there are 2 major issues with GM's ordering system:

1) No crew cab pricing. Guess I'll just have to order blind :confused:

2) No Sandstone color option even though the 2007 Classic brochure has one pictured :mad:

Thankfully I have a good dealer, and even if it is not offered, I'll most likelt be able to get it done. The 2006 color brochure shows Sandstone, but there wasn't a single one on the line at Flint and I'm pretty sure they diod not offer it.

P.S. if it's just a rumor about the increase in Dmax option pricing, it originates higher than the dealer level ;) ...

dieseldealer
07-06-2006, 17:28
We currently have 2007 Classics on the lot. It does not look like the price went up alot. We have a Black 3500 Ext. Cab Duramax with the SLT package. We decided to run very lean on the 2007 Classic.

oyazi
07-07-2006, 21:32
Classic? How does it differ from the silverado? I looked @ GM website and could find no info on Classic.

Kennedy
07-07-2006, 21:39
Classic just means same old, not the upcoming new body style/emissions...

Thanks for the heads up Roger. Any word on the Sandstone color from the Chev brochure? Not sure what GMC calls it...

dieseldealer
07-12-2006, 07:02
Looks like the Sand beige is not available on the 2007 Classic.

Kennedy
07-12-2006, 14:12
I'm looking into it for Chevy. They show it in their 2007 Classic brochure in their circle of trucks/colors and call it out by name...

dieseldealer
07-17-2006, 11:34
Checked out my autobook ordering guide. No beige listed for the Classic. It is in the brochure.

cowboywildbill
07-17-2006, 18:13
My salesman told us that the body style will change late 2006 for the 07's. It is supposed to look like the envoy front end?

dieseldealer
07-19-2006, 06:50
Looks like Sand Beige is a 1500 color. That is why it is in the book.

mikel310
08-05-2006, 12:06
Hi all, I am new to this forum. I am in the process of purchasing my first diesel this year which lead me to this posting.

Although I am still a gasser, I have been doing a lot of research on the Duramax and the available after market products.

Yesterday, I contacted Banks Engineering. I told them I was getting a 2007 Duramax 6.6 in Sept. and they ask me which engine I was getting. After talking to him a little further, he told me the following

There is a new engine due out in late 2007 or early 2008. The engine designation will be "LLM" but will still be a 6.6 Litter with the following specs

HP rated @ 400
Torque @ 720
Will have a integrated exhaust brake as well

There will also be many body style changes such as more sheet metal, doors that open all the way to be body (extended cab) double din radio display and other styling changes.

They currently have a LLM engine on the their floor that they are using for a test platform for new products.

I have been now tying to find out more about this engine, when it's going into the first truck and what specs will it have, but have not found anything yet other than Banks.

If anyone has any info or can varify for certain this info, please pass it on. I was going to be buying my truck next month but now I don't if I should wait. I have also heard the CARB restrictions will be extended out till next year for the pollution controls

Mike

Swamp Rabbit
08-06-2006, 17:09
I will possibly trade my 2002 2500HD LB7 in on a new Duramax in 2007, Wondering where I could get more infomation on the new LLM Diesel & perhaps it's release date.

mikel310
08-08-2006, 07:03
I got this info from a reliable source @ GM.

The new body style with the updated LLM engine which will be the same body style of the recently released 1500 Sierra gasser.

The dealers will be getting info on ordering in early November and will be able to start placing orders by late November.

The Trucks will actually go into production by Mid January, 07

There will be additional emission equipment on the new LLM and additional maintenance.

The main problem will be the Catalytic Converter which will cause problems in two areas. There will be additional exhaust restrictions with the converter and after market exhaust systems will be less effective. The second problem which will go away in time is available fuel. The cat. Converter cannot be used with the currently available sulfur laden fuels and must use the new revamp sulfur less fuels only. Until all stations convert getting fuel for a while could be a problem in certain areas as well as the problem of contamination from the old fuel blends until a few loads of the new blend is ran through the stations storage tanks.

Also I hear a very unconfirmed rumor that the new models may need to be smog tested now.

As far as performance who knows what the rear wheels will see, but based on current knowledge, when ever you start putting a lot of emissions on a vehicle, the performance goes down in general and Mods are harder to get and now need EPA approval to be used in all states

Mike

More Power
08-08-2006, 09:22
Mike, Thanks for the info...:)

Particulate traps could be interesting.....

More images & info on the 2007 2500HD/3500 GMT-900 styling can be found in a new Member Area article on the 2007 Chevy/GMC 1500-series (http://www.thedieselpage.com/members/features/2007silverado-sierrac.htm).

Jim

kburati
08-08-2006, 09:52
Any news on the gas options for the HD trucks in 2007? Will the 6.0 still be about the best option for a HD gas truck?

More Power
08-08-2006, 10:27
The 2007 GMT-900 HD's will only get two engine options.... The 6.0L gas or the Duramax.... ;)

Jim