PDA

View Full Version : LBZ Diablo Predators now available.

Mark Craig
06-29-2006, 12:26
Afternoon Members,

Been getting lots of calls from folks wanting to know when the Diablo Predators would be out. They are as of last Friday, we sold a number of them at the DHRA meet in Indy and they response was very very good. Lots of HP and good tranny shifting etc. Here's the basic info:

U7186: 2006 GM Duramax Diesel LLY/LBZ

U7186 Predator Applications:

Diesel Vehicles Engine U7186
2006 GM Duramax Turbo Diesel/T800 Diesel 6.6L LLY/LBZ
2006 GMC Sierra 2500/3500 Diesel 6.6L LLY/LBZ
2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500/3500 Diesel 6.6L LLY/LBZ
YEAR 2006

What is the Diablosport Predator?

The Predator is a state-of-the art, high performance tuning flash programmer in a sleek handheld design. Once connected to the vehicle, the Predators internal computer recognizes the vehicles PCM and automatically picks the proper tuning files designed specifically for that PCM. Inside the Predator's memory are the actual tuning files that optimize spark timing and air/fuel ratio curves. The transmission parameters are remapped to improve the shift characteristics such as shift firmness and shift points. Unlike other 'tuners', DiabloSport's programming is performed in very small increments throughout the entire RPM range, for a smoother, wider and a more predictable power delivery. DiabloSport engineers spend many hours on the dyno, street and track to ensure the tunes provided with the Predator are the best they can be.

Dyno Tested Performance Tunes

The Predator was created with one thing in mind, POWER!

Average power gains are per tune. The Predators additional power makes itself noticeable immediately with an increase in power that starts in the low RPMs and builds into a frenzy at the high RPMs.

A Predator equipped vehicle will notice significant improvements in drivability. The additional power and improved shift patterns created by the Predator tune will yield quicker acceleration and better mileage, whether it is in town or out on the highway.

The power increase in the lower RPMs will yield a better throttle response. The increase in MPG is a byproduct of maximized engine efficiency, the improved timing curve and air/fuel ratio creates a more complete combustion, i.e. the engine extracts more power from each molecule of gasoline.

U7186 Stock Vehicle Tunes:

45 RWHP: Tow Tune, made specifically for towing. DiabloSport recommended weight limitations based on manufacturer suggested limits for the vehicle.

65 RWHP: Economy Performance Tune, designed for Economy and Performance, fuel economy depends solely on driving style, and will vary from vehicle to vehicle.

85 RWHP: Standard Performance Tune, designed for Economy and Performance, fuel economy depends solely on driving style, and will vary from vehicle to vehicle.

120 RWHP: Extreme Tune, designed specifically for opening a can of whoop-ass (pardon the expression). DiabloSport recommends this tune not be used for towing.
DiabloSport strongly recommends the use of larger diameter performance exhaust components and exhaust temperature gauges with the use of any performance diesel tuning.
U7186 Specific Features:

Tire Size Adjustment

Axle Ratio Adjustment

Top speed limiter increase

Trouble code read and reset

Internet Updateable

All standard DiabloSport Predator features

DPPI has a new item discount for any of you that want one just ID yourself as a DieselPage.com member when you call 866-455-7788.

Mark @ DPPI

JohnC
06-29-2006, 13:45
...Here's the basic info:

U7186: 2006 GM Duramax Diesel LLY/LBZ

.... Inside the Predator's memory are the actual tuning files that optimize spark timing and air/fuel ratio curves

.... the improved timing curve and air/fuel ratio creates a more complete combustion, i.e. the engine extracts more power from each molecule of gasoline.

I hope their engineering department is more on the ball than their marketing department!

I like my spark timing right where it is! (on my lawn mower...)

;)

Kennedy
07-02-2006, 20:24
I hope their engineering department is more on the ball than their marketing department!

I like my spark timing right where it is! (on my lawn mower...)

;)

That and no transmission alterations for the Allison...