PDA

View Full Version : Tranny Question

DaveNY
06-29-2006, 19:21
Cant say if this is a new issue for me or not but just realized on recent trip while using cruise and I hold the coast button the converter remains locked and the truck decelerates sharply on the compression. When not in cruise and I let off the accelerator pedal the converter releases and the rpms fall away. As if I had hit the brake. I use the cruise alot on a trip but usually just tap the coast button for speed adjustment but never hold it in so cant say if this behavior is new or always there.The converter is definately locking up at 45 mph.

ronniejoe
06-29-2006, 19:29
The cruise will keep the converter locked during decel...I don't know how low when holding the set button in, but at least for a while.

DaveNY
06-29-2006, 19:50
The cruise will keep the converter locked during decel...I don't know how low when holding the set button in, but at least for a while.
Thanks Ron, It holds right to the lockup speed (45mph). Ive had this truck for 5 years and today was the first time I ever held the button in, Ya learn something new every day!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dave

TurboDiverArt
06-30-2006, 05:46
Mine works exactly as you describe Dave.

Art.

DaveNY
06-30-2006, 09:17
Thanks Art, Iguess at least the truck is normal.

TurboDiverArt
06-30-2006, 10:48
Thanks Art, Iguess at least the truck is normal.
Or both of ours are abnormal... :D

DaveNY
06-30-2006, 14:31
Or both of ours are abnormal... :D
Getting to the point I may not know the difference!!!!!!!!!!!!

farmerherb
07-01-2006, 07:59
While we're on cc I ask this. When I have cc on when I get to a hill and the trans. should shift down the cc disengages. and the trans throws a code 68.

TurboDiverArt
07-01-2006, 19:46
While we're on cc I ask this. When I have cc on when I get to a hill and the trans. should shift down the cc disengages. and the trans throws a code 68.
Definitely a problem there. I've towed hundreds of miles through hills using cruise. The transmission will frequently kick down on steep long grads and it never cuts out. There is an article in the member