PDA

View Full Version : vacume pump woes

Robyn
07-01-2006, 09:26
Well with all the fanfare on the rebuild of my 94 sub I was still not totally happy.
Rig run ok but a tad slugish under foot when hot.
No codes or the like but searching revealed the vacume pump to be way low on suck.
Replaced this morning and all is reeeeeeeeeealy great now with loads of power,

Bnave95
07-02-2006, 04:51
I see you did'nt do the DB2 swap. So are you still using the SOL-D?
Sounds like your next step in order will be some gauges.
BTW, Wish my wife would'nt mine getting her hands dirty:eek:

Robyn
07-02-2006, 18:36
I really wanted to do the DB2 but the check book started cutting out so I had to call and end to the project, at least for now.
The Sol D is right up top doin its job, so far so good. After the build and all new cables and such the voltage thoughout the whole system is much better.
I am going to get a stanadyne PMD and a remote mount and a 4ft cable setup and have it all setup for the cold weather. Its only a second to swap the plugs from one to another. The only time we had any problems was when the temp was down around 25f on down. Winter here in NW oregon can see single digits but it rare and only lasts a week or so at most. I dont mind having to run both units if this is what it takes to be reliable.
I am working on my Hummer replica again and it has the 6.2 with DB2 and all the gooooood O'l reliable stuff.
Oh BTW you might try getting your sweety a can of GoJo or fast orange hand cleaner for her birthday, never know she might take the hint.
Or you might find your suitcase on the porch.
Lotsa smiles and many more miles
Robyn

Bnave95
07-03-2006, 03:53
Gojo---With her it would be Nogo:D
Went through the winter here in Nort Indiana with out any issue on the SOL-D. Yet the truck set in a shop over night and see the cold temps during the day.Probley not cold enough to have the cold start issue and really like how the truck starts and runs:)