PDA

View Full Version : I Just Upgraded My Headlights - H4703/ H4701 Sealed Beams

TurboDiverArt
07-03-2006, 15:02
Hi all,

I just switched to a 4-headlight sealed beam setup from an 1989 truck. It

DA BIG ONE
07-03-2006, 17:48
Art, bounce around the following link you may find what you need.
http://catalog.com/susq/other/headlamp.htm

TurboDiverArt
07-05-2006, 16:39
I've been looking for upgraded headlights and I can't seem to find any. I did drive the truck and I think the 4-beam setup is better than the composite. If I want to spend the big bucks I can upgrade to a bulb slug setup or HID's. I do have one low beam that is dying, it definitely needs to be replaced. Even with one marginally functioning low beam I still think it's better than stock. I think I'm going to change the low beam wiring connector to accept a high beam. That way I'll have 65w lows and 65 watt highs. Should be nice, I

Bobbie Martin
07-07-2006, 14:12
I've been looking for upgraded headlights and I can't seem to find any.

Try looking at this website. (http://www.danielsternlighting.com/products/products.html) Cibies are about as good as you can get.

DA BIG ONE
07-09-2006, 00:16
Art, I've had the harness upgrade for awhile now that gives full power to the bulbs, better that factory. I'll be doing this upgrade you did & soon.

TurboDiverArt
07-09-2006, 08:16
Art, I've had the harness upgrade for awhile now that gives full power to the bulbs, better that factory. I'll be doing this upgrade you did & soon.
The swap was painless and only took a few hours. Definitely worth it. Yesterday I just swapped out the low beams for high beams. I haven't driven it at night but I can tell they are much brighter. No doubt about it that it's putting out more light than the composites. I have the Kennedy upgraded wiring harness and bulbs and it was better than stock. I still think that even with this and new lenses the lights are still not bright enough. The aftermarket Diamond composite headlights I put on were better than the stock composite headlights. My stock composites were not clouded but I polished them anyway and still the Diamond's were a little better. Putting in the 4-light setup in my opinion is still the best option for the money. Mine ran me $70 shipped ($35 a side on eBay). I then bought 2 new high bulbs this week at NAPA for $10 each and then a new headlight connector ($7 each). I actually can't wait to drive my truck now at night to see what it's like! I'm assuming that driving with the high bulbs on all the time (day time running lights) that they will not burn out quickly. They are only 65W which I assume isn't that much more heat over the stock 55W. If I can get 2-years out of them I'll be really happy! Otherwise I

DA BIG ONE
07-09-2006, 10:39
[QUOTE=TurboDiverArt] Otherwise I