PDA

View Full Version : Kennedy: Splash Guard Prop Down Mod

Roy W
07-07-2006, 10:13
I'm not having any overheating problems, even when pulling a heavy load, but I also want to build in a "cushion" in the event I need it. John, on your splash guard prop down mod, how do you hold the rear of the splash guard down. It looks like some short pieces (1 1/2" long) of small diameter PVC pipe over some longer bolts might do the trick. What do you use...?

Kennedy
07-07-2006, 19:44
I used a single long bolt and stacked some old OE shock mount cushions.

I'd also suggest baffling from the rad core support down to the splash shield to keep air from going over the top.

JD_Diesel
07-09-2006, 08:33
Ok I can not find any info on this splash guard prop down. What is it and do you do it. JD

Roy W
07-09-2006, 18:10
I'm sure Kennedy will respond, but as I see it, the rear portion of the plastic splash guard is shimmed down about an inch. As air passes under the vehicle and over the propped down splash guard, it creates a low pressure area behind it, which tends to "suck" out hot underhood air between the splash guard and the oil pan. For this to work most effectively, the front edge of the splash guard needs to be sealed, so that the only air coming out comes from under the hood........Do I have that correctly John??

Kennedy
07-09-2006, 20:08
You got it. I propped mine done 2-3". I haven't had time, but the way I see it, we need to baffle the core support down to the splash guard to maximize effect.

Ranch55
07-22-2006, 09:02
What about completely removing the splash guard ? Would the incoming air from the grill area and front of truck completely push all the hotter air out with less restriction with the guard removed ? Has anyone done it this way yet and checked temps ?

spongebob
07-22-2006, 14:09
WOW..my splash guard was down fom the factory..i positioned back up where i thought it should have been...

cowboywildbill
07-23-2006, 18:50
Are the 06 models already dropped down?

Kennedy
07-24-2006, 11:23
No they are not. I hope to get some pics some time in the future.