PDA

View Full Version : To make testing Glow Plugs easier...

DennisG01
01-06-2006, 08:19
Just an idea I had - dealing with the passenger side of glow plugs, how about splicing in (4) quick connects into the wires that go to #2, 4, 6, 8 glow plugs in an easy to get to place (somewhere between controller and plugs). Then if you had to check, say #6, you could just check it at the quick connect. Granted, if it didn't check out, you wouldn't know if it's the plug or the wire going to it, but either way you would've narrowed down the problem quite easily.

Thoughts?

More Power
01-06-2006, 12:56
Just an idea I had - dealing with the passenger side of glow plugs, how about splicing in (4) quick connects into the wires that go to #2, 4, 6, 8 glow plugs in an easy to get to place (somewhere between controller and plugs). Then if you had to check, say #6, you could just check it at the quick connect. Granted, if it didn't check out, you wouldn't know if it's the plug or the wire going to it, but either way you would've narrowed down the problem quite easily.

Thoughts? My thoughts... smile.gif GP #4 & 6 already have qwik-disconnect wiring. #2 GP can be accessed somewhat easily. When testing #8, simply unplug 2,4,6, then test #8 through the existing wiring leading from the GP relay.

Jim

JohnC
01-06-2006, 14:38
I recall I was able to test 2, 8, 1, 3, 5, and 7 pretty easily. I left them all disconnected then tested what was left through the harness. Expect a (Ohm) reading half of what you get on a single plug if they both work.

DennisG01
01-07-2006, 06:40
Thank you guys, for your thoughts. Both of those makes sense. I guess it still wouldn't be very hard to put in some more quick-disconnects, but the way you two describe it, it sounds like it isn't too hard the way it is. Thanks! smile.gif