PDA

View Full Version : Towing Mirrors on an OSB (88-98)

RyanBambach
07-10-2006, 14:05
Just wondering what most people are doing for towing mirrors for there 88-98 Chevy's/GMC's. Reason being I was looking for a long time without finding a mirrow that would work for hauling my 102" wide Cargo Trailer other than the 1970's style bolt on West Coast mirror look...no thank you!!!!

What I found out was that the 1999-2002 Dodge towing mirrors body lines match perfectly to our CK style doors! After hours of trying to figure out how to bolt them up and now putting them on 4 different trucks! I have made a kit that is almost a complete bolt on but does require some mild drilling of 3- 1/4" holes.

Here is my question...I have found a source right from Dodge for these Mirrors at $250 per pair and I figure the mounting brackets/ hole drilling jig and instructions would be worth $300.

For an actually factory towing mirror would this be worth it? I have seen the CIPA mirrors and have used them and personally like the visability of these Dodge Units better!

What do you all think??? worth it to guys or no. I could also just supply a kit and have people buy there own off of e-bay.

Thanks...RyanB

HowieE
07-11-2006, 06:37
That's an interesting idea. Questions people would want answered first could be solved by a picture of the instalation that shows how closely the mirrors match the lines of the truck.

I assume you are adding $50.00 for the instructions not $300.00 for a total of $300.00. Otherwise considering the age of the trucks you are addressing the cost would be too high.

MTTwister
07-11-2006, 09:23
Any chance you could post some pics of the final installation? I would think most would like a kit, and not hassle with E-Bay.

Thanks!

RyanBambach
07-11-2006, 12:09
Any chance you could post some pics of the final installation? I would think most would like a kit, and not hassle with E-Bay.

Thanks!

I have posted pictures of the mirrors on the 6.5 page.....Unfortunatly I can't repost the pics hear now because they are already on the site already!

MTTwister
07-11-2006, 15:43
Found 'em.