PDA

View Full Version : Mirror thermometer ...

Dvldog 8793
01-07-2006, 14:22
Howdy
I just got a mirror with the compass and thermometer in it. The truck had a mirror with just the compass. The wiring harness to the mirror has (8) wires in it. I find it hard to believe that it takes (8) wires to run a compass and auto dimming mirror. My question is: does anyone know what two wires are for the thermometer and where do they go? I would think GM would use one wiring harness and then just wrap up the wires not used...maybe I'm wrong. If anyone can help or send me in the right direction I would really appreciate it!
Thanks !
L8r
Conley

ANXIOUS-SUBMAN
01-07-2006, 16:53
Mine has the thermometer too. The sensor for this is mounted in front of the radiator behind the grill. That would require two of the wires. If you don't have the sensor, your temp readout won't function.

All three of the mirrors are auto dimming but there is only one sensor for this function and it's in the rearview mirror. So additional wires would be needed to send the dimming signal to the outside mirrors.

moody
01-08-2006, 05:43
Subman- Sorry to highjack the thread but..
Auto dimming mirrrors???
Any idea what year those were started?

DA BIG ONE
01-08-2006, 19:08
Originally posted by moody:
Auto dimming mirrrors???
Any idea what year those were started? My 1987 Z-28/IROC-Z came with one!

CareyWeber
01-09-2006, 03:31
Originally posted by DA BIG ONE:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by moody:
Auto dimming mirrrors???
Any idea what year those were started? My 1987 Z-28/IROC-Z came with one! </font>[/QUOTE]My inside mirror dims, but I have ever seen auto diming out side mirrors.

That would be cool if they did, but I'd want to be able to turn off that feature sometime when backing trailers and stuff.

Carey

ANXIOUS-SUBMAN
01-09-2006, 14:04
Reading my owners manual....
Pg 2-52
"Electrochromic Outside Rearview Mirrors (if equiped) To turn on the auto-dimming feature, press and hold the inside rearview mirror TEMP button for six seconds."

moody
01-09-2006, 19:32
Man!! Where have I been? I have got to get!!!!!!!