PDA

View Full Version : Does PMD number matter?

dieselbobny
07-19-2006, 05:48
Hi! I'm pressed for time and didn't have time to search- does the # printed on side of PMD matter? Mine is #34583-I've seen some advertised w/ different #'s.Also, how do you get the 1 Torx screw out in upper corner that is behind manifold? Special tool,break off, what do you guys do?

noelb
07-19-2006, 07:10
I found this the other day

30214 1st Generation, I believe they had problems.

34264 2nd Generation, Apparently some mechanics liked these because they either worked or they didn't.

34583 3rd Generation, Latest version could have intermittant probs? Limp home mode?

I believe there are may have been some updates.

Anyone else feel free to correct me.

Regards

Noel

Bnave95
07-19-2006, 08:45
Hi! I'm pressed for time and didn't have time to search- does the # printed on side of PMD matter? Mine is #34583-I've seen some advertised w/ different #'s.Also, how do you get the 1 Torx screw out in upper corner that is behind manifold? Special tool,break off, what do you guys do?
New PMD are the updated ones. Go for the new style transfer pad. If need pmd ASAP use the pad that come with the unit. Most will remove upper intake and others had made a torx wrench by bending or JB weld the torx to a open end wrench. A FSD cooler mounted PMD is a better way to go.

dieselbobny
07-19-2006, 12:13
Yeah, I plan on relocating PMD- I'll try a tested used one for now till I get enough money for new one. If I relocate my current one now, will I still have problems, or has it already been dameged? Truck stalled on my way home a few times, able to restart it & make it home.Didn't throw any lights.

Bnave95
07-19-2006, 14:08
Yeah, I plan on relocating PMD- I'll try a tested used one for now till I get enough money for new one. If I relocate my current one now, will I still have problems, or has it already been dameged? Truck stalled on my way home a few times, able to restart it & make it home.Didn't throw any lights.
The old PMD is on it's way out. Would'nt even trouble your self with the unit thats on the pump,unless you know when the last time it had been replaced and the miles that it may have on it.

http://www.thedieselpage.com/members/tt99-9.htm