PDA

View Full Version : Still making oil

TNeustadt
07-19-2006, 06:34
This post is a continuation of the injector replacement post.
Service dept says all tests show fuel system is normal. They say in order to test return fuel lines, connections, etc they would have to tear into the motor again. And, if nothing is found that I'll have to pay for tech time. So, obviously they don't want to consider that something wasn't put back together correctly, and if I tell them to tear into it, what do you think the chances are that they'll admit they found something? Hmmm...They're telling me to continue to drive it and bring it back in a week so they can check the oil themselves. They check oil level by pulling the dipstick, and if it shows full its full. But it's hard to see the oil as it rises over full and goes up the cable. I told them to insert dipstick aprox 1" from being all the way in, I was still able to get a full reading, all the way out to 1 1/2" out. They also say that 10 qts for an oil change is too much. They put 9 qts in, but every oil change I got there I was charged for 10 qts. FRUSTRATED!!! I've already filed a service request with GM and will continue to keep them updated.

beeler
07-19-2006, 10:13
Have the oil checked for fuel contamination. If it getting that much fuel in there it will read high. Ten quarts is what mine holds to full. Just dump in a 2 1/2 gal jug and it's good to go.

More Power
07-21-2006, 09:32
Have the oil analyzed. If there's fuel present, deliver both the truck and the oil analysis report to the dealer.

Engine oil analysis providers:

Shell Care Oil Analysis
800-SHELL-82, www.shell-lubricants.com (http://www.shell-lubricants.com)

Staveley Services Fluid Analysis
877-835-8437, www.staveleyfa.com (http://www.staveleyfa.com)

CTC Analytical Services
800-770-4128 (fax) 503-286-1562

Jim

TNeustadt
07-21-2006, 16:26
Got analysis done, Associated laboratories here in Knoxville. First test was for fuel in oil, sure enough-positive. Got serv mgr to call the lab and convinced them there is still a problem, good thing I quit driving it, viscocity was down to 5w. I just hope they find/fix the problem, then I'll continue getting the oil analyzed for any problems that may have occurred.
It never did blow smoke or idle rough, you wouldn't know it was having a problem really. Hopefully will once again be problem free...