PDA

View Full Version : Do you have to program factory pmd/fsd

noelb
07-21-2006, 01:07
I asked about a new fsd today and the number on the new one was 35976. Obviously later than 3rd Generation. However I was told that the FSD needed to be programed with information from the pump. This is the first I have heard of it having to be programed apart from changing the Calibration resistor. So does it have to be programed? OR do we only have to change the calibration resistor?:confused:

Bnave95
07-21-2006, 01:40
I asked about a new fsd today and the number on the new one was 35976. Obviously later than 3rd Generation. However I was told that the FSD needed to be programed with information from the pump. This is the first I have heard of it having to be programed apart from changing the Calibration resistor. So does it have to be programed? OR do we only have to change the calibration resistor?:confused:
This FSD has been on shelf for some time but is OK. Programed? This guy knows little about DS4 inj. pumps. Most new fsd will come with a new resistor or with out. When he said programed,you may need to reuse the Res. from your old unit. Stock res. will be a number 5. Other than that it's a plug and play;)

noelb
07-21-2006, 05:01
There are not many downunder that do know much about this engine period. Hence I have become informed or pay through the nose for a mechanic who doesn't know what he is doing. One place couldn't even bleed the brakes properly!

Thanks for confirming my thoughts though. I hadn't read or heard of having to program. However I was aware of the calibration resistor and swaping over etc.

Are there later units than 35976 and would there be any benefit getting a later one than this? If I am going to get a new one it might as well be the best one!

Bnave95
07-22-2006, 03:15
There are not many downunder that do know much about this engine period. Hence I have become informed or pay through the nose for a mechanic who doesn't know what he is doing. One place couldn't even bleed the brakes properly!

Thanks for confirming my thoughts though. I hadn't read or heard of having to program. However I was aware of the calibration resistor and swaping over etc.

Are there later units than 35976 and would there be any benefit getting a later one than this? If I am going to get a new one it might as well be the best one!
The 35976 will be OK. If you want better and the newer heat transfer pad than give www.kennedydiesel.com a call.