PDA

View Full Version : Trying To Buy 06

cowboywildbill
07-21-2006, 17:33
Hi everyone. I am haggeling with a local dealer on an 06 CC 3500 4x4.
They didn;t want to give me much for our truck. It is emaculate and in excellent shape 65,000 miles. They say that all of the stuff I have added & factory options doesn't help up the price of a used truck on a trade. But when they were showing us thier new truck, they said if you get it loaded it will help the resale if you trade it in. Am I missing somethig? The only reason I am considering the trade is because in ten years or so if I do have to change injectors, it would be easier on an 06 than the 02. This will be the last truck I buy if we agree on the deal. How good do the new really trucks pull a heavy fifth wheel. Do they really pull stock as good as the 02 on juice level two?
I am wondering if the new ones will have more problems later down the road because of the EGR and cat. I only have two payments left on ours. I will have six more years of payments of $360 per month if we get the 06.
Any input would be appreciated.

Petrella
07-24-2006, 16:49
Must be nice to live in the USA, and have a payment of $360 month for a duramax. In canada cant find any duramax's for less than $1100 bucks a month. If it wasnt so high I would of had one a long time ago. But yeah my best friend has an 06 Dually, and another friend with an 04 2500. I drove them both and ill tell you the 06 pulls better.

hapaschold
07-24-2006, 17:47
imo , try ebay, nice trucks sell well, top dollar also........close to kbb retail...

if i recall the 02 s inj warranty runs 7 years , and more than standard 100k ????

injector replacement may cost less than the depreciation on your truck and new..........

Stlheadake
07-24-2006, 19:19
That dealer is full of it. He knows that he can make money on your trade! Dealers just don't make money on new vehicles. The money is in the trade. Stick to your guns, if he won't give you more for your trade, walk. Really get up and start walking. I swear, tell them that you are insulted. I took a kbb print out of what my truck was worth, showed the dealer, I told him that I didn't mind him making a buck on me, but give me a break.

Also, ask to speak directly with the sales manager. Often, he or she can help the saleperson see more clearly.

Just my .02, your mileage may vary.

cowboywildbill
07-25-2006, 04:43
Thanks for the replies. We made a deal. I am getting the new truck at a good price. Apparently these trucks are delivered to a GM approved customizer and then dressed up with whell covers,painted running boards,stainless billet grill and painted bug deflector. Then they are picked up by the dealers.
The salesman said that these trucks aren't in the GM dealers advertising group or floor plan, and that makes them about $850.00 cheaper from the start? The truck was built around April 06. They are giving me $24,000 for my truck. It is loaded, I hate to give it up. But I guess I'm doing the right thing.
I do have a letter from GM for 7 years 200,000 miles additional injector warranty on the 02. But a GM dealer told us that it is only7 years from the build date. Which really only makes it a year more than originial.
I was supposed to pick it up today, but it looks like it will be another day or two. They haven't installed the boards yet "They were just painted yesterday". I can't wait for the new one.

Kennedy
07-25-2006, 05:43
You know, if all you are worried about is the injector replacement, I'd suggest keeping what you have and put away a few hundred$$ a year in case you have issues. Not really a big deal...

cowboywildbill
07-25-2006, 07:26
Hi John, I should have kept my 02 I guess. But that six speed is nice.I guess
I still have my fuel filter kit that I purchased from you for our 02. I never got around to installing it. I hope it will fit the 06.
I will be calling you for other upgrades soon. I hope the six speed allison can hold more power than the 02's.

DmaxMaverick
07-25-2006, 14:16
Once again, the dealer is feeding you a line. Looks like they are trying to make your current truck appear less appealing to you.

All GM warranties begin at the date/mileage of delivery. Period. The build date has nothing to do with anything, as far as you are concerned.

Dealers like that give good dealers a bad rap.

cowboywildbill
07-26-2006, 05:00
Thanks, we bought the 06, we paid $20,000 with my trade for the new one.
It is loaded just like our 02 was. Our 02 did have a fancier interior though, it had overhead console with cd storage ect. I guess they don't offer that anymore. I notice the computer say's we are averaging 9.7 mpg. I hope it's wrong. We were getting 15.7 or so in the 02 around town.