PDA

View Full Version : 2000 and newer 3/4ton rims on 98?

Kev-o
01-10-2006, 09:47
Looking to buy some alloy wheels and found some good prices on take offs will a set from a newer 3/4ton fit my 98 3/4ton?

Thanks in advance.
Kev-o

John J. LoCrasto
01-10-2006, 09:53
Yes they will I have them on my 99 looks good with 265/75/16 or 285/75/16... you also have to get the center caps the ones off of your 98 will not fit..

Later
Johnny

Kev-o
01-10-2006, 12:18
Sweet, I can buy a complete set of new take offs rims and tires for $100.00 more than just the tires! good bye steelies.

Thanks Johhny!

Kev-o

TurboDiverArt
01-15-2006, 07:41
Originally posted by Kev-o:
Sweet, I can buy a complete set of new take offs rims and tires for $100.00 more than just the tires! good bye steelies.

Thanks Johhny!

Kev-o Hey Kev-o,

Got any pictures or links to these rims? I've been thinking when my tires wear out in another 20K-30K that I would replace the stock steel rims. I was thinking H2 rims but if there are other options at a better price I'm all about that! Besides, the H2 caps won

GMC Hauler
01-15-2006, 08:13
Something like this I believe:

http://pic14.picturetrail.com/VOL514/3320954/7024686/95716130.jpg

Kev-o
01-15-2006, 12:10
those rims look great on there! the rims and tires i was looking at were at a local tire shop,
with so many people buying new trucks and lifting the S^$# out of them and blinging it up with 20+" Rims there are good deals to be had. Found three sets in local classifieds. (9 second grand national sounds like FUN!)

Kev-o

TurboDiverArt
01-15-2006, 16:18
Originally posted by Kev-o:
those rims look great on there! the rims and tires i was looking at were at a local tire shop,
with so many people buying new trucks and lifting the S^$# out of them and blinging it up with 20+" Rims there are good deals to be had. Found three sets in local classifieds. (9 second grand national sounds like FUN!)

Kev-o Thanks a lot for the info! I'll have to look for some adds. 9 seconds is fun but it'll go 8's next year. I changed classes for next year to run in the outlaw class and I need to go about a second faster to compete. Should be fun until something breaks.... and it always does!

Does anyone know if all the takes-off

GMC Hauler
01-15-2006, 16:27
The rims in the picture are aluminum, factory takeoffs.

Subsequently, they are 22 lbs lighter EACH than the stock steel rims.

88 Lbs of rotating mass. Good bit.

TurboDiverArt
01-15-2006, 17:19
Originally posted by GMC Hauler:
The rims in the picture are aluminum, factory takeoffs.

Subsequently, they are 22 lbs lighter EACH than the stock steel rims.

88 Lbs of rotating mass. Good bit. Yeah, when I said chrome aluminum I should have said polished aluminum. No doubt that 88 lbs of rotating mass is significant. I like the buff look a little more than the polished. The H2 are buff, wondering if all the 2500 P/U rims are polished or if there was also a buff aluminum rim option.

Thanks again for the info!

Art.

coxfmly
01-15-2006, 17:32
I would like to install a set of these rims
(pictured) on my 84 Sub, Will they fit? Thanks

patrick m.
01-15-2006, 17:35
Originally posted by TurboDiverArt:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Kev-o:
[b] those rims look great on there! the rims and tires i was looking at were at a local tire shop,

Kev-o Thanks a lot for the info! I'll have to look for some adds. 9 seconds is fun but it'll go 8's next year. I changed classes for next year to run in the outlaw class and I need to go about a second faster to compete. Should be fun until something breaks.... and it always does!

Does anyone know if all the takes-off

TurboDiverArt
01-15-2006, 18:15
Originally posted by Patrick m.:
9.6 in the quarter,,,,,,let me guess: high flow upper intake, 7th injector, 42lbs per hr injectors, walbro fuel pump wired off the alt, one piece stainless 3 inch down pipe, 14 inch K&N filter kit with 3 inch intake duct,@#$%^&* turbo upgrade, a Rudbeck chip, and a few others i cant recall ;) along with some very sticky tires of course :D Not even close... It's a 4.1L Stage II on-center Indy block (still a 6-cyl but not the stock 3.8L). Aluminum Stage II heads, heavily ported with big valves and big springs. 4-barell carb intake converted for fuel injection. 95# injectors, 90mm throttle body, 76mm turbo, 3