PDA

View Full Version : I took the plunge!

2tough2park
07-23-2006, 10:56
Parked outside is a fully loaded 06 cc 3500 4x4 LBZ with the 6sp Allison. All I have to say is DAMN!!!!!! I took it out for the maiden voyage today. Wow!!!!! My 94 6.5 would NEVER do that. At 60 some miles on it I chased down an Acura TL-S with NO problem. I think that guy was a bit miffed. The best of the day was sort of a drag race from a stoplight against a Scion XB(I like them, nice little cars). He took me off the line. His rearend squat told the story. Then I hit 2000rpm and never saw him again. Yea. He's definately mad now. Especially when my back tires starting spinning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!! I love this thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I ended up paying more than I wanted(by just a little bit), but well worth it!
I also ended up with EVERY option in the book, including sunroof and rear DVD, but when I saw that Blue Granite Metallic, I couldn't stay away.
LBZ for ME!!!!!!!!!!

cowboywildbill
07-23-2006, 18:42
Congratlulations! We just did too. We only had two payments left on our 02. Now all I have to do is pay for another six years, but thank goodness it is only a third $ per month of what the last payments used to be. What kind of milage are you getting?

jevanb
07-24-2006, 03:03
sure is nice, I have almost 1000k on mine now, after a 04 cc4x hd w/6.0 i am loving the LBZ, towed my trailer this wekend and going down a on ramp i hit 75mph with 8500# behind and everyone was looking to see if they needed to get over to let me in, but I just pulled in like a car,execpt my trailer is 30ft long, I don't really care for the tow haul starting out ,it holds the gears a little longer then I like, but slowing down is is real nice..

Prestonia24
07-24-2006, 08:56
sure is nice, I have almost 1000k on mine now, after a 04 cc4x hd w/6.0 i am loving the LBZ, towed my trailer this wekend and going down a on ramp i hit 75mph with 8500# behind and everyone was looking to see if they needed to get over to let me in, but I just pulled in like a car,execpt my trailer is 30ft long, I don't really care for the tow haul starting out ,it holds the gears a little longer then I like, but slowing down is is real nice..

I just put the 1000th mile on mine, and i love it. The Suspension is much stiffer than my 01 C1500 xcab, but nothin cooler than burning ricers off the line in a 8000# truck...

2tough2park
07-24-2006, 14:15
Congratlulations! We just did too. We only had two payments left on our 02. Now all I have to do is pay for another six years, but thank goodness it is only a third $ per month of what the last payments used to be. What kind of milage are you getting?

Won't know mileage numbers for a while except what the trip computer tells me. I have a whopping 74 miles on it right now, so bear with me hahahaha
As for the ride, I disagree. To my surprise, it's shod with 265/16's E-load rated tires and rides BETTER than my 94 with the C-load tires. When the E tires were on the 94 it'd jiggle your teeth out. But the new one so much better. I haven't looked up the GVW numbers on the SRW I have now, but I can imagine it's probably more than the oldie.
And WOW is that thing quiet. Oh yea. New exhaust in the works.